Memories of QPR at home

The 2-2 Good Friday match in 1998. Pissed down all day and we blew two vital points.

1-0 win at the start of the next season. Clark broke his leg.
My memory of that is seeing a QPR fan in his 50’s with a young bairn get smacked just cos a Sunderland fan couldn’t hack the result outside the southwest corner.
Think Quinn missed a great chance to make it three nil and it went pear shaped from there.
1.29 on this vid

Last edited:

When Clark broke his leg, always remember @herasoulmob saying 'that's the season knackered.
Phillips missed a chunk of the season too after an injury in some diddly game versus Chester.

Ridiculous to think we had a Championship strikerforce squad of Quinn, Phillips, Bridges and Dichio.

That Good Friday game is the first one that comes to mind for me.

Probably didn't turn out to be such a bad thing in the end but the 4 points we dropped as a result of that game and conceding a last-minute equaliser at West Brom on the Easter Monday was an absolute sickener at the time and pretty much cost us automatic.

That Good Friday game is the first one that comes to mind for me.

Probably didn't turn out to be such a bad thing in the end but the 4 points we dropped as a result of that game and conceding a last-minute equaliser at West Brom on the Easter Monday was an absolute sickener at the time and pretty much cost us automatic.
I think we were in a better state to go up the season after. To be honest, we should never have sold Bridges, but that’s a different story and he was made of glass

The 2-2 Good Friday match in 1998. Pissed down all day and we blew two vital points.

1-0 win at the start of the next season. Clark broke his leg.
First game came to mind that, in same bracket as Southampton couple seasons before (roker), Everton in quarter finals etc games where we had a real chance of doing something and blew it

3-0 at RP in 84/85. A blatant handball by David Hodgson in his own penalty area had John Gregory chasing the ref all over the pitch. To make matters worse for them Hodgson went on to score a great goal in the Fulwell End.
I was going to post that one..we’d beat Luton 3-0 just before it then we beat Forest in the Milk Cup game..Howard Gayle..it was a little purple patch in the season..then as usual it all went tits up and we were relegated.

Aye but didn’t we pay £350k for Phillips and sell Bridges for £5m?

Money talked.
We weren’t skint though. Quinn was not that far from the end and Dichio was a bit crap. We could certainly have used Bridges in our squad. Maybe even sold Phillips for daft money a couple of years after promotion (didn’t Villa bid £30 million or something daft?).
Bearing in mind we had played at Cardiff 2 nights before. Then had the triumphant return into the town and back to Roker the night before.
Had on though, these days I always hear “the FA Cup should be the final domestic game of the season, like it always was”. What happened in 1973? Was it because we were Division 2 so had extra games? Or a fixture backlog?

Last edited:

Back