Memories of comprehensive school

Nicking a load of paper mache insects from the art department, leaving them in people's gardens and then it being in the paper about giant insects invading sunderland.

Last edited:
Farra 92-97 was an absolute disgrace tbh

Underfunded, building dropping to bits, 300 kids per year group, class sizes of upto 40

Only for the fact I was good at sport and drawing did I remain sane.

I’m surprised I managed to get any GCSEs :lol:

When I look at the help kids at school get now it’s totally different.

Still remember the day Mr Branthwaite (who was an ex army boxing champion) was attacked by some scumbag parent.

It ended up with The lad being sparked clean out and Mr Tunn a very heavy bloke sitting on him till the police came

Us winding a teacher up so much that he threw his papers up in the air and calmly walked up to Witherwack shops for a savoury dip

Geoff Capes barging past me knocking my chips off my dinner tray the fat bastard

@Mickeys Chicken Leg nicking some geography teachers underpants

Nicking the tricolour off the wall of the French class and shitting myself when we were told that the culprit would be expelled

Us winding a teacher up so much that he threw his papers up in the air and calmly walked up to Witherwack shops for a savoury dip

Geoff Capes barging past me knocking my chips off my dinner tray the fat bastard

@Mickeys Chicken Leg nicking some geography teachers underpants :eek::evil:

Nicking the tricolour off the wall of the French class and shitting myself when we were told that the culprit would be expelled

Putting drawing pins under the torn fabric of Frazer's seat then waiting for the ensuing hilarity. One little wince followed by an act of defiance as he lowered himself onto the seat.

Wiping out the population of an entire fish tank with a bottle of Tabac aftershave :cry:

Drawing cocks on the french class windows only to say they were cowboy hats when caught.

Making Betty Cheng cry by saying the skeleton in Mr Attley's class was her boyfriend.

Stealing a chicken and putting it in the heads room

Setting off fire alarms pretty much every last day of term

Getting litter duty (walk round picking rubbish up) pretty much every dinner time and we would walk round the back of the canteen to fill it up from the bins and then be able to jump the dinner queue.

Knocked Daryl Spencer out in PE by hoying a basketball at his heed

Knocked Daryl Spencer out by giving him the bumps and throwing him up in the air and letting go.

New RE teacher (Mr Yellow) giving us a list of rules to stick in the front of our books on his first day.

History last lesson before dinner on a friday, room was above the canteen and could smell the manky fish being cooked all lesson.

Finding a cuboard behind some lockers which opened into a room with windows that overlooked the girls changing rooms

Booting the top off a nettle and the stingy bit flying into a 5th years face and nettling him, never stopped running in break time for about a week

Putting drawing pins under the torn fabric of Frazer's seat then waiting for the ensuing hilarity. One little wince followed by an act of defiance as he lowered himself onto the seat.

Wiping out the population of an entire fish tank with a bottle of Tabac aftershave :cry:

Drawing cocks on the french class windows only to say they were cowboy hats when caught.

Making Betty Cheng cry by saying the skeleton in Mr Attley's class was her boyfriend.

:lol::lol::lol:

The first thought that sprang to mind was that time I hoyed a brick off some kids head. So that.

You didn't go Heworth Comp in the 70's, did you? That could've been me as, playing football, I took the piss out of the right fullback in a cup game, and he (you?) come after me and hoyed a half charlie off me head walking out of school. Hospital, stitches, but happy days. We won.

1/4 stottie with Space Raiders, a 50p mix-up and a can of Top Deck shandy for lunch for just about 5 years.

Splatting pastry on the skylight during home economics and it still being there years later.

Ripping my trousers playing footy at break time then being sent to the home economics teacher so she could repair them. I had to take them off and wait in a cupboard while she sewed them.

Being allowed to watch the England v Belgium game in the 1990 World Cup in the pub while on a residential trip.

The bus driver driving back to school 'cos the knackers from Harraton couldn't behave themselves.

Where do you start with this?

In no particular order.......

The trepidation of getting on the school bus on day one.

Jumping the fence.

One of the lads showing off their first pube.

Itchy Tit (those two know, know).

A group of us laughing at a lad who tripped over. Turns out he had a compound fracture of his leg. Felt like shite afterwards.

Looking forward to the weekend getting smashed up in Barnes park.

Maths teacher. Do you know what I mean?

Playing footy with a tennis ball.

The art teacher who had a reputation for rattling the better looking lasses in fifth year.

Pund for pizza and chips at the local pizza place.

That school pudding which consisted of cornflakes and apple sauce.

Kenny.

Only disappointing because we got caught. Can still remember the roll call of suspects getting summoned over the tannoy back to the room where he absolutely EXPLODED

He was canny volatile like :lol:

I remember him EXPLODING with you when you made some derogatory remark about the Queen after he brought his portable tele in to watch her tour of China on GMTV:lol::lol::lol:

He was canny volatile like :lol:

I remember him EXPLODING with you when you made some derogatory remark about the Queen after he brought his portable tele in to watch her tour of China on GMTV:lol::lol::lol:

:lol:
Ha I’d forgotten about that but aye I said summit throwaway like ‘What are we watching this pile of shit for’ and he went off it, launching into a tirade against people like me who didn’t realise the importance of the Royal Family :confused:

My school was Greencroft up in NW Durham. It has now been closed. Anyone on here who went to Greencroft will know of the below stories.

A physics teacher who jumped on top of desks with a gutted telly on his head to keep the attention of the pupils.

A married male PE and Geography teacher who shagged a female teacher into the swinging scene at every opportunity throughout my time at school. She allegedly spread her favours around the other male teachers regardless of whether they were married or not, as was clear from writing left on a blackboard by a class he was about to teach (he lost it big time with the class). They were caught together in his car three years after the affair was supposed to have finished by a fellow sixth former.

A milfy female art teacher who got caught shagging a sixth former in the art room cupboard by the then acting head master. No doubts, knickers round ankles, pupils standing behind head master who had to be sworn to silence (yea, right).

A male senior maths teacher who got away with fondling female pupils' bra straps and hair for years before a parent finally complained about him after I left.

Both the latter two were given the option of quitting quietly or the police would be called in.

It was arguable that the teachers were bigger kids than those they were teaching. :lol:

The most memorable pupil story was a lass in sixth form who got her well kept permed hair covered in lacquer in a Bunsen burner. She was the luckiest lass alive after he hair went up like one of those stack burners on an oil rig.

Also just remembered about some f***ing weirdo called Mr Blench who stood at the side of our bunk bed in the dark at Middleton Camp for about an hour when the lights went off
:confused:

Back