Memories of comprehensive school

The swimming pool having to be shut down on a weekly basis because someone had shite in the pool.

Just reminded me of a lad who was deemed too poorly one day to swim in our school’s pool. We were all lined up sitting on the long bench that ran alongside it when the PE teacher shouted of him to come up and get his book signed off. Anyway to cut a long story short someone booted him in the pool fully clothed and I have a great memory of him swimming about trying to retrieve his floating jotters/pens etc.
:lol:

Setting a lads hair alight when he pushed in front of me in the dinner queue.

Putting drawing pins under the torn fabric of Frazer's seat then waiting for the ensuing hilarity. One little wince followed by an act of defiance as he lowered himself onto the seat.

Wiping out the population of an entire fish tank with a bottle of Tabac aftershave :cry:

Drawing cocks on the french class windows only to say they were cowboy hats when caught.

Making Betty Cheng cry by saying the skeleton in Mr Attley's class was her boyfriend.

WTF have I just read. :lol:

Last edited:
Just checked wiki.. 14yrs older.

;)

Anyway, prompted by a post earlier from @Swindon On Tour in which he said he was an outsider on this board, I'm going to go way beyond my remit and way beyond my budget and unilaterally decide that you're both honorary Mackems. I think of you similarly as amongst the best people on here... not quite as good as @PhilSAFC or @muggboots but better than @mux, basically...

Asking the teacher of English Mr Moss if you could “lend” something off him in class just to get a few minutes off being taught anything so you could hear his spiel about the difference between borrow and lend. :lol:

‘Mr Moss Sucks cocks’ graffitied on his classroom wall. Feel bad about being a little twat in his class as he was a decent and very clever bloke.... never did give me back my copy of 1996 FHM sexiest women though.

Micky Winter chucking you off a radiator was always an experience.

Using half a can of Lynx to hide the smell of lambert and butlers and smoking resin from lungs in the back lane.

Hanging globules of flem from the roof of the tunnel like grim stalactites

Pre Jamie Oliver canteen food which was about 40% Mechanically reclaimed meat

A fight kicking off in the yard and within 15 seconds there was 400 kids in a near riot calling for blood.

Teachers hating @girojim for being a smart arsed little twat

Teachers not been able to last a full term without going off with stress. (Ferryhill School)

Learning shit instruments i.e clarinet and flute

Class tuck shop, anybody remember whoppa sweets?

Cross bastard country around the school 3 times

After easter doing bastard athletics and the such, shot put etc

Nicking test tubes out of science class.

Sniffing the gas out of gas pipes in science

Having the radio on in art class

Logon or register to see this image

Another memory came back earlier.

Getting home at 4 and starting to drink as much as possible in a hour to get tanked up before the school disco started at 6

Back