Memories of Childhood 'Snacks'

Nice and spicy Nik naks before spooner sold them
was it sooner foods? My dad used to deliver them around the NE with me as his sidekick during the school hols. I singlehandedly destroyed any profits they might have made by munching my way through all their stocks...

was it sooner foods? My dad used to deliver them around the NE with me as his sidekick during the school hols. I singlehandedly destroyed any profits they might have made by munching my way through all their stocks...
Aye that's right had spooner in my head. They were lush, why they changed them I'll never know

Anybody remember Chipples? sort of matchstick potato crisp things sold in a box instead of a packet.
The Chipples I remember from the 60s did come in a bag I'm sure. Most of the major supermarkets now sell "Potato Sticks" which are almost the same and totally lush. Makes me feel 5 yrs old again 😂

Forgot what they were called but those sweet bread sticks you'd dip into the tiniest segment of chocolate dip! You'd always end up with sticks left because you hammered the chocolate right off.

Back