Memories of Childhood 'Snacks'

I used to like them Navy blue tubs with the biscuit sticks and a chocolate dip.

Logon or register to see this image

Used to be class dipping ya finger in to rake every last bit of dip out after ya'd finished the sticks.

In other news, I bought a multipack of Dairylea Dunkers in Sainsbury's last week for the first time in years. Still lush. Gotta be the ones with the herby tubes though. Plain breadstick ones were naff.

Last edited:
Used to be some large toffee sweets for about 10p a pack, think it was called Highland Toffee.

Went out of business a few years later I think, must have been the cause for a fair few dentist trips mind!
I used to like them Navy blue tubs with the biscuit sticks and a chocolate dip.

Logon or register to see this image

Used to be class dipping ya finger in to rake every last bit of dip out after ya'd finished the sticks.

In other news, I bought a multipack of Dairylea Dunkers in Sainsbury's last week for the first time in years. Still lush. Gotta be the ones with the herby tubes though. Plain breadstick ones were naff.
Fairly sure you can still get choc dips in the shops like.
I used to love these when I was young - would have sandwiches with the syrup as the filling when I was a kid. :lol:

Could eat the syrup by the spoon, easily.

Last edited:
Used to be some large toffee sweets for about 10p a pack, think it was called Highland Toffee.

Went out of business a few years later I think, must have been the cause for a fair few dentist trips mind!

Fairly sure you can still get choc dips in the shops like.

I used to love these when I was young - would have sandwiches with the syrup as the filling when I was a kid. :lol:

Could eat the syrup by the spoon, easily.
Probably can, but I've not had em in donkeys years. Same goes for Poppets.

Back