Megadrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyone who can help?

have downloaded those 800+ games with emulator

I should be able to use my ps3 controller by setting it up using the controller options. it recognises it as a ps3 controller, but when i click on define to set the controls it does'nt recognise any keypad presses - have tried it in a couple of USB slots now

am i just going to have to bite the bullet and order either one of those USB 'megadrive' controllers, or one of those megadrive to USB connection ports to use my original controller?

anyone who can help?

I should be able to use my ps3 controller by setting it up using the controller options. it recognises it as a ps3 controller, but when i click on define to set the controls it does'nt recognise any keypad presses - have tried it in a couple of USB slots now

am i just going to have to bite the bullet and order either one of those USB 'megadrive' controllers, or one of those megadrive to USB connection ports to use my original controller?

My controller is just a basic £5 USB jobby from eBay that looks like a PS controller but it recognises the "analog" mode, have you tried that for the define keys or the various options ( 3button, six button, mouse, menacer) under options> set config> controllers

Mine works fine under the 3 button option of port 1, I didn't have any problems once I defined the movements, I think I used the analog stick without thinking about it, I can't remember now.

My controller is just a basic £5 USB jobby from eBay that looks like a PS controller but it recognises the "analog" mode, have you tried that for the define keys or the various options ( 3button, six button, mouse, menacer) under options> set config> controllers

Mine works fine under the 3 button option of port 1, I didn't have any problems once I defined the movements, I think I used the analog stick without thinking about it, I can't remember now.

only thing i can think of is when the ps3 controller is plugged in the 4 flashing lights are on (the ones you would normally cancel by pressing the ps3 button)

i have a feeling its that - i might just bite the bullet and spend a few quid on a new controller

only thing i can think of is when the ps3 controller is plugged in the 4 flashing lights are on (the ones you would normally cancel by pressing the ps3 button)

i have a feeling its that - i might just bite the bullet and spend a few quid on a new controller

I have just gone through the procedure again.

I selected options>set config> controllers

And within that tab Port 1 has 3btn pad selected and across from it, it has USE and within that drop down box it says keyboard/mouse/USB joystick I selected USB joystick then define and I actually could use the directional buttons with my controller.

Hope that helps.

I have just gone through the procedure again.

I selected options>set config> controllers

And within that tab Port 1 has 3btn pad selected and across from it, it has USE and within that drop down box it says keyboard/mouse/USB joystick I selected USB joystick then define and I actually could use the directional buttons with my controller.

Hope that helps.

not really mate but thanks for trying

what i get is Port 1 - 3btn pad selected, across from it- something like PS3 / USB controller

but when i click define nothing happens when i press anything on the controller (so i'm stuck trying to even get it to 'select a press for UP' - which is the first input)

anyone who can help?

It's possible to get it working but it is a pain in the arse. I can't recall exactly how to do it off the top of my head but I'll look into it for you and message again if I can figure it out!

It's possible to get it working but it is a pain in the arse. I can't recall exactly how to do it off the top of my head but I'll look into it for you and message again if I can figure it out!

i think i figured it out - i think despite me plugging it in via usb and the pc recognising it that it was still linking up with the ps3

hopefully, all sorted though - just had one of those generic usb controllers delivered so hopefully that will be plug and play

i think i figured it out - i think despite me plugging it in via usb and the pc recognising it that it was still linking up with the ps3

hopefully, all sorted though - just had one of those generic usb controllers delivered so hopefully that will be plug and play
Yeah, it's a pain. You an get it linked up directly but it took me some doing. And if you plug in another pad it erases the settings!

controller sorted - it looks like its the version of fusion thats bundled with the 800+ games download that is the problem

downloaded a separate (newer) version of fusion and could set it up straight away, and can use the roms that were in the 800+ download

all i lose is the menu screen - no great loss

controller sorted - it looks like its the version of fusion thats bundled with the 800+ games download that is the problem

downloaded a separate (newer) version of fusion and could set it up straight away, and can use the roms that were in the 800+ download

all i lose is the menu screen - no great loss
I had to do the same mate. Works well with my DS4.

currently flicking between playing Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 2 and Shining Force CD

any other Megadrive RPG's that could make the list to play next??

currently flicking between playing Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force 2 and Shining Force CD

any other Megadrive RPG's that could make the list to play next??

Buck Rogers - Countdown to Doomsday and Dungeons and Dragons - Warriors of the Eternal Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back