Megadrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've just seen Super Skidmarks on Ebay and remembered if you put MooMoo or something in as a password you can race cows round the tracks. How sad is that man, I'm 33 for fucks sake

warriors of the eternal sun is also a classic, well worth getting if you can

Getting the wand of lightening and then going off to slaughter some hill giants or spend the day wandering round the beastman caves, class.

Just looking at that 843 games ISO list and a few others stood out

Dune - The Battle for Arrakis
Command & Conquer
Ghouls & Ghosts
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker - The Treasure of King Nole
Might & Magic - altho i think the SNES version was much better
Shadowrun - again i think the SNES version was better
Speedball 2
Sword of Vermillion
Turrican

Getting the wand of lightening and then going off to slaughter some hill giants or spend the day wandering round the beastman caves, class.

and praying that it would'nt run out of charges so you end up saving after every fight

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Pop
Just looking at that 843 games ISO list and a few others stood out

Dune - The Battle for Arrakis
Command & Conquer
Ghouls & Ghosts
Gunstar Heroes
Landstalker - The Treasure of King Nole
Might & Magic - altho i think the SNES version was much better
Shadowrun - again i think the SNES version was better
Speedball 2
Sword of Vermillion
Turrican

and praying that it would'nt run out of charges so you end up saving after every fight

What is the Dune game like?

Speedball 2100 and Road Rash 2 were always my favourites and played them non-stop for ages. Actually tried to emulate Speedball but managed to virus my computer so haven't tried since :(

TOP TIP

DO NOT PLAY OLD CONSOLES ON MODERN TELLYS

THE IMAGE IS TOO SHARP AND THE GAMES END UP LOOKING SHIT

GET A CHEAP OLD SMALL NON FLATSCREEN TELLY AND USE THAT

THEN THANK ME

sorry for the caps but it has to be stressed, digital tv fucks up analogue games

TOP TIP

THEN THANK ME

sorry for the caps but it has to be stressed, digital tv fucks up analogue games
depends on the make of TV, mine has an analogue setting which is ideal for older games, but aye a Fatback TV is cheap as fuck and worth investing in if you are going to hammer the piss out of the older consoles.

depends on the make of TV, mine has an analogue setting which is ideal for older games, but aye a Fatback TV is cheap as fuck and worth investing in if you are going to hammer the piss out of the older consoles.
You can get a PVM that would have cost ££££thousands back in the day for 20 quid!

TOP TIP

THEN THANK ME

Aw fuck I didn't think of that, I've got a 50 inch tele and nowhere to put another one

luckily i have not long put my decent tele upstairs in the bedroom and brought down the 27inch crt cos i was'nt watching any tele downstairs

so i can console game at my leisure

Aw fuck I didn't think of that, I've got a 50 inch tele and nowhere to put another one
There is other ways to do it, you can use a modern TV and send the signal through Recievers which are expensive as fuck or through something a bit cheaper like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-DVD-RW...urner-Player-With-Remote-Silver-/331878366699

depend on how far you want to go, if you are going to end with a house full of consoles (i likely will because im essentially the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons with games)

fantastic thread which is a great help

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=630556

sometimes i hate this place - you've now got me looking for a rf-scart cable for my megadrive and a multi AV-scart cable for my SNES, just to get the best possible experience

Little bit of help needed here like lads. Got my Mega Drive 1 delivered, connected it to new LG telly by Scart (yellow and white cables go into the scart). Some games play fine, some play ok and some don't come on at all but I can still hear them

Lion King and Sonic 2 just play as normal. Toejam and Earl and Theme Park show some screens but others flicker then show a black screen and Sonic 1 and Fifa don't show at all. I can't see how it's the Mega Drive so I'm assuming it's something to do with the new telly vs old console but I don't get how some play and others don't, even more confusing is that the same game can show a screen then I move somewhere else (say underwater) and the screen goes black

Little bit of help needed here like lads. Got my Mega Drive 1 delivered, connected it to new LG telly by Scart (yellow and white cables go into the scart). Some games play fine, some play ok and some don't come on at all but I can still hear them

Lion King and Sonic 2 just play as normal. Toejam and Earl and Theme Park show some screens but others flicker then show a black screen and Sonic 1 and Fifa don't show at all. I can't see how it's the Mega Drive so I'm assuming it's something to do with the new telly vs old console but I don't get how some play and others don't, even more confusing is that the same game can show a screen then I move somewhere else (say underwater) and the screen goes black
best advice i'll give you is chuck the original RF cable in the cupboard, its not stable enough for modern TV's as the refresh rate on modern Tv's is too great for the processing of it, instead order the correct cable for the megadrive you have from amazon and instead use that, a bit more stable.

A longer term solution is an upscaler, you can get them for about £20 on amazon

heres a quick guide to it

http://www.gamesradar.com/how-to-make-retro-games-look-incredible-on-your-hdtv/

best advice i'll give you is chuck the original RF cable in the cupboard, its not stable enough for modern TV's as the refresh rate on modern Tv's is too great for the processing of it, instead order the correct cable for the megadrive you have from amazon and instead use that, a bit more stable.

A longer term solution is an upscaler, you can get them for about £20 on amazon

heres a quick guide to it

http://www.gamesradar.com/how-to-make-retro-games-look-incredible-on-your-hdtv/

This one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back