Meeting new friend's

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sites do you visit? Any recommendations.... to be honest I don't give a shit about a shag I just want a bit company people to talk to ... the silence is deafening at home sounds sad pardon the pun but I'm lonely
Don't do it now as I ended up meeting one of the 7 and we are still together, I just used POF, loads of strange people on but canny for chatting to a few, and made a few friends, maybe make your profile not visable so you can choose who you talk to.

If you get no luck I'd try match.com the lasses there are less likely to be mental.

Don't do it now as I ended up meeting one of the 7 and we are still together, I just used POF, loads of strange people on but canny for chatting to a few, and made a few friends, maybe make your profile not visable so you can choose who you talk to.

If you get no luck I'd try match.com the lasses there are less likely to be mental.

Think I'll have a browse the morra ... I was having a look on meetup.com i think it is but its mostly Newcastle group's

Grafting is the way forward, mate, or keeping busy. I read your sentence earlier where you said your lungs were shot. I honestly don't mean to pry into your circumstances, but is there a job you can do? Gets you out, self-confidence improves, meeting people as well. Sincerely wish you all the best, mate.

What sites do you visit? Any recommendations.... to be honest I don't give a shit about a shag I just want a bit company people to talk to ... the silence is deafening at home sounds sad pardon the pun but I'm lonely
f***ing hell mate I’m gutted for you ,must be shite .

Nothing’s permanent though,keep your head straight and keep off the drink as other have said.

Not a GYM person to be honest marra
Volunteer. There are lonely people all over the world of all ages and situations. Sometimes others problems make you realise we don't have to have someone's garunteed and undivided attention to feel special and valued.
If we help people and share who we are they will do the same. It can be even more intimate in moments than a long friendship. Intimacy is sometimes what's missing not just crack in a boozer and just the odd moment can be enough to remind us we're still connected .

Last edited:
I had a mate in the same situation. He went and volunteered at a football club and made a load of friends. He then took his kids to a children's play farm which had an archery range. He enjoyed it so much, he joined a club. The fella also joined an art class at a college. The place was full of old bids, but at least he got to see a few women with their kit off...

He's now got more mates than me and is loving life again. I'm just a cow in a field.

Mooooo.

How does one go about meeting new people and finding a new social circle after a breakup .... I've split after 19yrs she took the boys basically left me with fuk all just BILLS lol. I'm just sick of sitting on my own feeling depressed when I should thinking about given my head a shake .... It's hard after all them years to have the house in silence I'm used to laughter, noise, kids fighting or have fun ... feels really strange now. I just want to get out and meet people and get on anyone have any ideas?

What happened to your mates you had before you met the boiler? Just give one of them a bell for a pint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back