Meeting new friend's

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've honestly lost interest in almost everything. I've even stopped going the match on weekends .... and your right sitting in is making it worse .... It's HARD!

^^^^^^^Classic early signs of depression right there.

Keep active, do something that occupies your brain, ie find yourself an interesting hobby. Visit any family you have and talk about your feelings. Stay off the booze as much as possible. If you like dogs, they are a brilliant way to stay active, get outdoors, and develop a loving bond.

If it gets any worse, see a doctor! Depression can quickly become completely unmanageable, don’t try to handle it alone.

So your lungs are actually okay ? :).

i take all four inhalers with me just in case!! I'm not doing anything over the top but it's certainly helping me sleep at night .... I'm bed early and it's keeping me off the drink which can only be a good thing.

Sorry mate missed this. Was in aldershot for a short while then up to catterick. Then Dover. Guildford for a bit. To be honest that was my problem. When not working I could handle sitting about. In the end the missus fell preggers and I thought life would be better in civvy street.
I was in cattterick for the last 9 month of my service so was home every weekend so by the time I got out I was used to being out. You only been out 3 year? How long had you been in? .22?

Get in lad. Nice to hear things are looking up. Bet you look back and think ‘what the hell was I thinking?’ Nice one.

Nice one @the boot

Last edited:
You know what mate I've actually pulled myself out of my arss .... I didn't think I'd do it cos of my health but I've went up and joined the GYM up next to Tescos!! I feel much better. I'm not doing much when I'm there but it's cleared the mind.

How's everything going marra? Are you still getting to the gym and that?

You know what mate I've actually pulled myself out of my arss .... I didn't think I'd do it cos of my health but I've went up and joined the GYM up next to Tescos!! I feel much better. I'm not doing much when I'm there but it's cleared the mind.

Well done fella, operation on both lungs myself the last two years, bad for about 4 or 5 years and now suffering with COPD and other issues, but nice to do something to exercise..........every so so often the black dog either comes back to bite me on the arse, or end up with another injury or sickness due to having no immune system.

Looks like your trying to get a grip of depression as soon as you can fella, it is a right bugger to it back in the cage and lug into the cellar behind closed doors. Get assistance at the earliest you can when you realise not dealing, ignoring it can be a pain. Seems like your taking good positive first steps.

What helps is just starting again on the fitness and take it easy, my problem is mind is willing but the body now...so week (fecked) In my head still a 21 to 43 year old ex military at peak fitness. So continually try to push it and bugger myself up.

Each fresh start gets harder, but have to dig in and go for it and hope you do not go two steps back for every step forward. Push on fella and good luck my warmest thoughts with you in your current battle.

Well done fella, operation on both lungs myself the last two years, bad for about 4 or 5 years and now suffering with COPD and other issues, but nice to do something to exercise..........every so so often the black dog either comes back to bite me on the arse, or end up with another injury or sickness due to having no immune system.

Looks like your trying to get a grip of depression as soon as you can fella, it is a right bugger to it back in the cage and lug into the cellar behind closed doors. Get assistance at the earliest you can when you realise not dealing, ignoring it can be a pain. Seems like your taking good positive first steps.

What helps is just starting again on the fitness and take it easy, my problem is mind is willing but the body now...so week (fecked) In my head still a 21 to 43 year old ex military at peak fitness. So continually try to push it and bugger myself up.

Each fresh start gets harder, but have to dig in and go for it and hope you do not go two steps back for every step forward. Push on fella and good luck my warmest thoughts with you in your current battle.

Seriously thank you so much for you're warm thoughts ... What a fantastic post you really do have me emotional reading what you have just post daft soft bugger I am ..... Thank you so much for your kind words of support .... I'd got myself up and felt ok but BANG hit the bottom again some days I don't know weather I'm coming or going .... I'm still going to the GYM but I don't know of I'm coming or going some days if that makes any sense. Once again thanks so much for your words of support it means a lot.

How's everything going marra? Are you still getting to the gym and that?

Hi marra yes I'm still getting to GYM but hitt the bottom again mental health it's not something I know how to deal with and I'm not very good at chatting face to face with people ..... CPN they call them? Where I go from here I'm reall not sure .... Sounds a little childish but I wish mum was still around for support ... Baccy

Last edited:
Seriously thank you so much for you're warm thoughts ... What a fantastic post you really do have me emotional reading what you have just post daft soft bugger I am ..... Thank you so much for your kind words of support .... I'd got myself up and felt ok but BANG hit the bottom again some days I don't know weather I'm coming or going .... I'm still going to the GYM but I don't know of I'm coming or going some days if that makes any sense. Once again thanks so much for your words of support it means a lot.

Hi marra yes I'm still getting to GYM but hitt the bottom again mental health it's not something I know how to deal with and I'm not very good at chatting face to face with people ..... CPN they call them? Where I go from here I'm reall not sure .... Sounds a little childish but I wish mum was still around for support ... Baccy

Just keep going fella, not to sound like a cliche but there really is light out there.

Even now when positive the black dog gives me a nip sme days just to remind me still lurking and there.

Mantra I have been saying for some time every day on waking that helps me.

Happiness is not a destination, but a way of life. Today I am positive I have started that better life.. yep positive!

Just find a saying that works for you....could be as stupid as toast for breakfast. Nothing is too stupid or nonsical.

Just someting to break the frown starts as a smile over time....till you think ok got my issues abd proble s they are there. But I am not alone at any time and I control them not they define me.

It is hard fella, but you will give in all SMB,ers has dealt with issues at times. Jist fight on tge good fight fella. You will win in the end and support betwork here for you. You can pm any time if down and need some help. @Amber and @becs were there for me in my need. Always willing to pass on good Karma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back