Meeting new friend's

How does one go about meeting new people and finding a new social circle after a breakup .... I've split after 19yrs she took the boys basically left me with fuk all just BILLS lol. I'm just sick of sitting on my own feeling depressed when I should thinking about given my head a shake .... It's hard after all them years to have the house in silence I'm used to laughter, noise, kids fighting or have fun ... feels really strange now. I just want to get out and meet people and get on anyone have any ideas?

How does one go about meeting new people and finding a new social circle after a breakup .... I've split after 19yrs she took the boys basically left me with fuk all just BILLS lol. I'm just sick of sitting on my own feeling depressed when I should thinking about given my head a shake .... It's hard after all them years to have the house in silence I'm used to laughter, noise, kids fighting or have fun ... feels really strange now. I just want to get out and meet people and get on anyone have any ideas?
Where you from mate.

Sorry to read about your situation mate, sitting on your own will defo make things worse so you're right to try and get out and about - I'd suggest local pub, although it will take some time to make friends with randoms. Maybe look up old school friends or the like ?

I've honestly lost interest in almost everything. I've even stopped going the match on weekends .... and your right sitting in is making it worse .... It's HARD!
It’s been said a few times on here before pal. Even just a walk out somewhere is better than festering. I went through it five year ago. Left fulwell over to ashbrooke after a break up. Just walked around the boozer realised I knew a couple of people who introduced me to others then that was it. Know them all now. But I was sitting around for a month and it started to get me down like.

I've honestly lost interest in almost everything. I've even stopped going the match on weekends .... and your right sitting in is making it worse .... It's HARD!
I've not been back to the match yet since last season either mind! :oops:
Got to be honest those two years of horrific football traumatised me and put me off.
I want to go back but I need to feel we're better.

Just gan to the pub and get talking to people

That can be difficult for some people tbh, easy enough to say but not everyone can start a conversation with a stranger without pretext.

To the OP, anything like a new skill or whatever you might want to learn at a night class? That might be a good idea.

Also, don’t worry about being on your own a lot and what have you. There’s a stigma attached to it but after a long time devoting so much attention to someone else you deserve a bit of ‘you’ time.

Poker is a good way to meet people. Diverse ages some people drink most don’t. Try the rosedene on a Monday 8-11. Get there 730 for a bit crack. Only 8 or 9 of us canny set of lads, apart from me obviously

Shite at poker not a clue how to play! I may have a dodge over next week for a few drinks mind at least it will get me out .... al let you know closer to the day. Really appreciate the offer ... top man

Not got much to suggest right now but I know exactly how you feel.
Been in the same boat since April.
You’d think it would be easy to embrace this kind of ‘freedom’ but at times it’s really f***ing hard to see that.

Back