Meeting new friend's

How does one go about meeting new people and finding a new social circle after a breakup .... I've split after 19yrs she took the boys basically left me with fuk all just BILLS lol. I'm just sick of sitting on my own feeling depressed when I should thinking about given my head a shake .... It's hard after all them years to have the house in silence I'm used to laughter, noise, kids fighting or have fun ... feels really strange now. I just want to get out and meet people and get on anyone have any ideas?

Just seen this. Hobbies, if you dont have any find some. Not sure about your work situation? so what time you have available, maybe get a puppy, the pub is a good one, but be careful,I had about 5 years of really going for it. Its not good. Hobbies, find something, hope its going well

How does one go about meeting new people and finding a new social circle after a breakup .... I've split after 19yrs she took the boys basically left me with fuk all just BILLS lol. I'm just sick of sitting on my own feeling depressed when I should thinking about given my head a shake .... It's hard after all them years to have the house in silence I'm used to laughter, noise, kids fighting or have fun ... feels really strange now. I just want to get out and meet people and get on anyone have any ideas?
Broaden your horizons and your horizon will be full of broads.

Last edited:
I was based in Hereford. You?

To be honest I found it hard to adjust to civvie people. Even after the 3 years or so in still struggling

He will, I’m gonna he his mucka
Sorry mate missed this. Was in aldershot for a short while then up to catterick. Then Dover. Guildford for a bit. To be honest that was my problem. When not working I could handle sitting about. In the end the missus fell preggers and I thought life would be better in civvy street.
I was in cattterick for the last 9 month of my service so was home every weekend so by the time I got out I was used to being out. You only been out 3 year? How long had you been in? .22?

You know what mate I've actually pulled myself out of my arss .... I didn't think I'd do it cos of my health but I've went up and joined the GYM up next to Tescos!! I feel much better. I'm not doing much when I'm there but it's cleared the mind.
Get in lad. Nice to hear things are looking up. Bet you look back and think ‘what the hell was I thinking?’ Nice one.

Sorry mate missed this. Was in aldershot for a short while then up to catterick. Then Dover. Guildford for a bit. To be honest that was my problem. When not working I could handle sitting about. In the end the missus fell preggers and I thought life would be better in civvy street.
I was in cattterick for the last 9 month of my service so was home every weekend so by the time I got out I was used to being out. You only been out 3 year? How long had you been in? .22?

Get in lad. Nice to hear things are looking up. Bet you look back and think ‘what the hell was I thinking?’ Nice one.
I done 14 years. 5 at 22 then moved into a training posting and I hated what the army has become (I know everyone sees a change)

Were you an engineer then? They seem like engineer posts

I done 14 years. 5 at 22 then moved into a training posting and I hated what the army has become (I know everyone sees a change)

Were you an engineer then? They seem like engineer posts
No I was a para but well spotted, I went to Guildford to do an explosives course with the engineers but it was a nightmare.
Only did six year mesel.
So you joined as I got out, tbh I got out at a terrible time. Big regret.
5 with 22 no the wonder you can’t adjust matey. There was obvs a few lads who left us for a crack at it. I always fancied/dreamt of it. But I would have struggled fitness wise.

Back