McGeady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be surprised if he’s on the bench mate

He's hasn't played since the Pompey league game 4 weeks ago. OK he pulled out of a game 2 weeks ago but he had 2 weeks rest prior to that and 2 weeks to heal since too.

Even if he was only 80% fit I'd have him on the bench for a one off game. IMO his foot should be more or less fully healed now. It's just a question of match fitness but it's not as though he's a box to box midfielder.

what is the point in saving him for next season rather than playing him tomorrow? If he aggravated the injury then it would be in a good cause - promotion. Or would we rather not risk him and risk having to start all over again trying for promotion next season?

They should all be as big as possible, players are so much fitter now, extra space allows a little bit more time to be creative, I think I can remember creative

I disagree.

We’ve had threads recently complaining about the likes of Man City dominating the sport.

Pitch size is one variable that clubs still have to use as a tactic to try to beat them.

I agree, if we can keep spreading it around it should help wear them down, in theory, Hope McGeady and McGuire are fit, we then have Watmore, Grigg and Morgan against tired legs
It may not be relevant now, as it’s months later, but for the last 20 mins at our place first game of the season they looked absolutely knackered.

If McGeady is near fit then he plays.

Donnie showed that you can get at this Charlton defence, and their keeper is not the best in the division. In a way, we have to play the opposite of our last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back