McGeady

Bests player in the league, if he's fit he has to start. If he's fit and we get 90 minutes out of him bonus. If he's tiring after 30 or 40 then bring him off at half time and no harm done.

Him and Maguire have to be starting and if they are we'll win!

He joined us a few years ago when we were in the Championship the season after the owner bought the club. He looked terrific and was scoring goals for fun. Then he got injured and it is claimed the injury was mis-managed. He is our highest earner on 7.5k a week and will be out of contract in June. He spent some time in the Belgian first division recently, but returned to us this season when he got injured again. It took him a while to get fit but didn't look the player he was and then dislocated his shoulder at Walsall. When he was fit again, Bowyer perservered with him - largely because he didn't have any choice due to us selling our top scorer in January. Gradually he got better and better to the point where he was looking like the old Vetokele again and, importantly, scoring goals. Then before the last game of the season, he picked up a knock and we thought he was out for the final as well as the semi.

The reason why it is a big deal for us is that we have Taylor and Vetokele, then Josh Parker. Then nothing really! A free from Gillingham. Josh has been doing better lately and winning us over with his workrate, but he is not in Vetokele's class. Despite being so light on strikers, Taylor and Vetokele (if fit) is very strong. They also have developed an excellent partnership which was a big bonus. Does that help?
I hope Parker plays. He’s not very good really, is he?

Bloody hell, you were being serious! :lol:;)
It’s not the under 8’s that’s playing marra.
Aye rightio. Four subs seems pretty daft as well.

The worrying thing is I have an FA coaching badge and to gain that you have to take the referees exam. :D

Last edited:
What's all the fuss about him possibly coming on later in the game if we need him?

We'll be 3 up by then anyway so he can come on whenever and sit in the centre circle waiting for the celebrations at full time;)

Bests player in the league, if he's fit he has to start. If he's fit and we get 90 minutes out of him bonus. If he's tiring after 30 or 40 then bring him off at half time and no harm done.

Him and Maguire have to be starting and if they are we'll win!
Maguire having a pint in Library Durham tonight - No problem with that I suppose - He looked relaxed

I hope Parker plays. He’s not very good really, is he?
No to be fair he’s not the best . He was a last minute signing in the last transfer window, when our first choice fell through . He works hard and gives his best ,which is all you can ask I suppose . I’m really hoping that Vetokele is fit to start on Sunday , or we will be relying on Taylor ,and Aribo probably.

But Watmore is shite unfit and scared of getting twatted again, we don't have time to curve your balls , watch this on Sunday how quick we are in their faces from the off

Last edited:

Back