McGeady overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bit of an enigma in that he doesn't put enough work in for a team (never has) and that is not going to improve at his age. But his ability with a ball is way above the standard of this league. It's the like of him that are the reason we don't lose many games as that sprinkling of quality means we will get goals despite the total lack of chances created during a full 90 minutes by the team.

Love it. He's been excellent all season and had a couple of poor appearances and now he's over-rated.

Modern football fans are shite.

100% our best and most talented player. When he doesn’t perform though neither do the rest of the team. It may seem strange but I’d look for us to find a replacement or a different team and system without McGeady in it for the long term. We seem too dependent on him and with him turning 34 this season he won’t be here much longer. I’ve said it numerous times because without him we’d be an average league 1 side.

McGeady is absolute class. If he didn’t have to do so much donkey work he’d be even more effective. He’s a diamond amongst a pile of horse shit.

Hate when all you here is people banging on about McGeady saying he should be playing in the championship for me he is a bang average footballer and deserves to be playing in league 1

Honestly I couldn't agree more.

I have been slated multiple times on here for having a go at Mcgeady, hes untouchable in the eye of some.

Yes he pulls goals out of nothing and yes it helps massively, however I would rather have someone who gives it his all over 90 minutes week in week out that someone that will go missing for games at a time and then score.

Hes been piss poor all season and Saturday was nothing short of embarrassing, he clearly still thinks he is better than he actually is and how he stayed on that pitch was nothing short than a joke.

Gooch would have buried that penalty, as it stands he does not deserve to be in the team period.

His form has been off lately. Still has the quality to score from nothing. He's missed a lot of time through injury so hopefully more of a sharpness thing.

It doesn't help that we seem to just think giving him thr ball then standing back and watching him will win us games every week.

He's getting on a bit now and will no doubt be on the decline.

After that great save from keeper and penalty miss he went flat but still great player and I feel we would have been promoted automatic if hadn't broke his foot.

Stupid thread.

If we had 10 Aiden Mcgeady's and Jonny Mac we would piss this league.
The opposition team wouldn't get the ball.

Him and McLaughlin kept us going after January last season.
He looks either not fully fit or to have lost a yard this season, unless it's just age. Still the most talented player in this league by a mile, though.

He could comfortably play in the Championship. He has that little bit magic and extra quality on the ball. Without him and Maja scoring goals first half of last season JR would certainly be out of a job cos we wouldn't have even got Play Offs in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back