McGeady overrated?

Love him me

Agreed him n Maddison look class apart

Still stunned by richard hills comments on him, could cost us promotion, wanted to come here too

Sigh

I personally didn’t like him much in the championship - thought he was lazy etc etc. Tbh he probably is on the scale of things - a luxury player when in a league where you are struggling.

He’s by far and away the best player in this division though. If used correctly he is un- playable tbh at this level.

It’s the major flaw in Ross’s only tactic.

Before McGeady got fully fit it was Maja who we relied upon to take almost every chance that came his way and he got criticism at times, for not being a total work horse and stretching defences etc, despite the fact his conversion rate was excellent and there weren't enough others chipping in.

McGeady was just coming into form after injury and then Maja left, so we never really saw how they would have been utilised together for a decent period. Listening to others and Ross himself in an interview he done at St Mirren it also seemed he had his side playing in a high pressing but workman like way, usually relying on Lewis Morgan to make the difference.

Total stab in the dark from me with limited knowledge of his time at St Mirren but looking at his time at SAFC it seems his famed "heart in mouth" style we heard of on arrival is maybe not that advanced or forward thinking, but actually quite limited and relying pretty much on one or two individual talents, whilst being unable to set up a defence. Hence his sides generally have goals in them and can on the face of it look more exciting than they actually are.

Proper "winger". One game he'll win you the game, next game he'll give the ball away with every kick.

There's always one spot in a team for a player like that.

No one is allowed an off day on here with some. They are after all people and we have no idea what is going on in their lives. The good thing is those posters who criticize are 100% on their game 100% of their lives.

Fed up of some of the absolutely ridiculous, negative shite people on here are posting. It just feels like the pathetic sat at home ‘fans’ are absolutely ruining this forum. It’s no pleasure at all to come on here anymore.

Back