McGeady overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a conundrum. A very gifted winger who scores goals, yet this was not the first time we played well without him.

I'm glad I'm not a manager...

I think we're a better team without him, but he's our best player and probably the best in the league. He doesn't track back and cover his wing which will leave our left back exposed (part of the reason why Hume is so shocking defensively). Also, when he's on the pitch we tend to funnel all our attacks through him and hope he pulls off a bit of magic. Great when he does, but if he has an off day then we look bereft of ideas. It's a hard one. As someone else mentioned, I'd be tempted to play him behind the striker in a free role of do what you want, and have 2 wingers who will track back

This myth that part of the reason Hume struggles is because of McGeady is pretty funny like.

Are we ignoring when McGeady didn't play against Oxford and Hume had his worst game of the season?

This myth that part of the reason Hume struggles is because of McGeady is pretty funny like.

Are we ignoring when McGeady didn't play against Oxford and Hume had his worst game of the season?

In the Oxford Game Hume was continuosly hung out to dry by Flanagan simply not covering across when Hume went Forward which as the left sided CB in a back 3 he should have been doing ..Flanagan was absolutley appalling that day yet Hume got the major criticism

He got ripped apart against Bolton and was nothing to do with McGeady and subbed at half time think he was in another game as well its a weak excuse blaming aiden

Hate when all you here is people banging
only on about McGeady saying he should be playing in the championship for me he is a bang average footballer and deserves to be playing in league 1

I've noticed your new to this board and furthermore your previous post was about ' our so called moaning fans '. You sunshine are a Mag WUM,indeed I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't Muffin man on a different profile account
You Sir, are a shithouse no run along toss pot.

It's a conundrum. A very gifted winger who scores goals, yet this was not the first time we played well without him.

I'm glad I'm not a manager...
We’d have pumped a very poor Tranmere team with McGeady playing

In the Oxford Game Hume was continuosly hung out to dry by Flanagan simply not covering across when Hume went Forward which as the left sided CB in a back 3 he should have been doing ..Flanagan was absolutley appalling that day yet Hume got the major criticism

By the sound of it Hume's problems are actually all down to other players than his lack of ability himself?

By the sound of it Hume's problems are actually all down to other players than his lack of ability himself?

He's a young player , learning, so of course he will have off games but it hardly helps when seasoned professionals are making it more difficult by not doing the basics required to help the lad out

He's a young player , learning, so of course he will have off games but it hardly helps when seasoned professionals are making it more difficult by not doing the basics required to help the lad out

Haway man, don't deflect. It's not Flanagan's fault that Hume was piss poor against Oxford and it's not Hume's fault that Flanagan was. It wasn't just a case of Hume being poor because he had to deal with an extra player, he was awful that day on the ball and off the ball.

He's been poor for most of the season regardless of who has played in front of him and who has played next to him. He played well the other night without McGeady and he played well against Wycombe & Wimbledon with McGeady in front of him so this idea that it's down to McGeady is nonsense. Having Leadbitter in the middle not shielding the defence in that shite wide open set up Ross had us playing was more of an issue than McGeady is.

Haway man, don't deflect. It's not Flanagan's fault that Hume was piss poor against Oxford and it's not Hume's fault that Flanagan was. It wasn't just a case of Hume being poor because he had to deal with an extra player, he was awful that day on the ball and off the ball.

He's been poor for most of the season regardless of who has played in front of him and who has played next to him. He played well the other night without McGeady and he played well against Wycombe & Wimbledon with McGeady in front of him so this idea that it's down to McGeady is nonsense. Having Leadbitter in the middle not shielding the defence in that shite wide open set up Ross had us playing was more of an issue than McGeady is.

Ive never mentioned Mcgeady being the problem, my initial response was just in relation to Denver. He was poor in the matches you mentioned but there are other factors involved other than him just being shit . If a player is given an instruction to overlap our winger youd expect either A) the winger he is overlapping drops in to cover or B) the Left or Right sided CB shuffles across to fill the void left by the fullback, its pretty basic stuff which during the Oxford match in particular Flanagans performance was borderline criminal and Exposed Hume badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back