McGeady overrated?

Hate when all you here is people banging on about McGeady saying he should be playing in the championship for me he is a bang average footballer and deserves to be playing in league 1
Definitely overrated. Ever since he missed a penalty and we drew a game. He’ll be the dog’s bollocks again next time he scores.

I think he's a talented lad but he's just good league one standard no better really, he can beat a man and score the odd worldy but frustrates as often as he delights, he has to play mind but I think that's half the problem he knows he's basically undropable.

Hate when all you here is people banging on about McGeady saying he should be playing in the championship for me he is a bang average footballer and deserves to be playing in league 1
Jesus wept worst post on here for a long while . Our best player by a country mile and could play at least in the championship with ease yet he is average ?

Nah. Maddison has 6 goals and 5 assists to McGeadys 2 and 2 this season. Last season it was something like 8 and 22 against 14 and 3. But beyond that look at more advanced stats. His through balls per 90, crosses and xGa dwarf mcgeadys. @Johnsafc put up a graphic over the summer (which I can’t find) showing creative output in league one and Maddison’s numbers were FAR better than McGeady’s. To be clear I want him in the side but we’re certainly guilty of overlooking the bad because he has flashes of the extraordinary.
Correct.

The lad missed a penalty and made a couple of misplaced places. Oh and a couple of his attempts on goal missed the target. Class is permanent form temporary

We'd be absolutely fucked if we didn't have him, I'd you needed any evidence then look towards the back end of last season when he was injured.

He's not been as influential this year as last. But he's still our most influential player

Depends how highly you rate him.
If you think he's as good as the best players in the world then yes you've overrated him, if however you believe he's comfortably one of the best players if not the best in League One and we'd have been fucked without him then you're spot on.

VERY skilled player for this level. Unfortunately he's not quick to move the ball on the break, but invariably slows things down. Also, he's a poor passer and horrifically bad at crossing the ball. All in all, he's not well suited for our staring 11 IMO. We do best when we have an 11 who are all willing and able to move the ball quickly.

Last edited:
Ability wise head & shoulders above anything in this league
Restricted a lot because oppos know he is the dangerman that can create something out of nothing
Problem is we don’t have enough players in the team on his level

Back