McDonalds Wessington way parking 1hr limit £60 fine !

The OP would have used his evidence as in #1 ie long queues, slow service.

POPLA will use any evidence you can supply.

Incidentally, my wife got a parking ticket at the Arnison Centre in January for overstaying.
Checked on Pepipoo, the company running the parking ( Horizon iirc ) have a useless set of t and c, and wrote to me ( owner of car ) asking for details of the driver. Replied using the Pepipoo template declining to give details and the charges were dropped.

Some parking companies back off, but not all!

The car I was using was registered in a company name when I got an invite to pay £60 for being 8 minutes late in Newcastle.

The paperwork clearly stated the driver of the vehicle had entered into a contract.

The letters got more threatening and demanded the company give the details of the driver , which unfortunately we had no record of .
It then took a very interesting turn where they decided the company was liable rather than the driver they claimed had a contract with.

Farcical at best but basically legally incorrect.

It took 8 letters from them , none of which were replied to before they gave up.

I can see why some cave in and pay up though.

I got one months ago at the Black Bull in Fulwood Preston, they had removed the screen to input your reg as you went into the pub
and I forgot to use the one at the bar as I was thinking more about my pint!
The fine went from £40 to £60 and the last letter was for £170 despite lodging an appeal. not a chance am I paying those crooks.

Again, which company is it chasing you?

Pepipoo is a great site to find out which parking companies will chase you, which will take you to court and which will back down if you send the right letter in to them.

I always thought it was 3 hours or something like that. Few year ago now like but I remember a colleague got a bollocking as he was skiving and fell asleep in a McDonald's carpark in a company vehicle. They found out when they got the ticket through.

Again, which company is it chasing you?

Pepipoo is a great site to find out which parking companies will chase you, which will take you to court and which will back down if you send the right letter in to them.
I can't remember which company now but when I lodged the appeal they said they would acknowledge it within a certain time frame and when they didn't reply in the alloted time I told them I wasn't paying a penny, they replied that as the allotted time included the Christmas break this wasn't possible! My next reply was just a row of 😂😂😂😂
Still awaiting there next joke, I mean reply!

I was the original poster who won my case.Getting notices of likes on this thread off lasy year so i came on to see why.

If the warning signs are still tiny and badly placed ( one was half in a tree as you drove in ) then take the pics and appeal using "the poor positioning and signs too small for drivers to read as they come in and park)

I haven't been back since so they may have put up bigger signage after me winning my case.... if they haven't then you have a very good chance get up tommorow and get some pics ..
After submitting your evidence to pola you both get to see each others evidence ,when i did there was a big sign submitted by them looking about 3ft by 2ft i'm thinking no way was that there ..i screenshot it and zoomed in and it was from a Safari park down Devon way so i messaged Popla to tell them what the sneaky twats had done...i won my case and i hope Popla fined the cheating ***** for that sly trick.

My son and his mates got caught out with this. They all went to KFC for something to eat and a catch up and went over the 1hr limit

I contested the fine with POPLA as unreasonable as they'd been legitimately using the restaurant for what was a reasonable time. I provided bank statements showing how much was spent and won the appeal as the parking company failed to submit any evidence to POPLA

I was the original poster who won my case.Getting notices of likes on this thread off lasy year so i came on to see why.

If the warning signs are still tiny and badly placed ( one was half in a tree as you drove in ) then take the pics and appeal using "the poor positioning and signs too small for drivers to read as they come in and park)

I haven't been back since so they may have put up bigger signage after me winning my case.... if they haven't then you have a very good chance get up tommorow and get some pics ..
After submitting your evidence to pola you both get to see each others evidence ,when i did there was a big sign submitted by them looking about 3ft by 2ft i'm thinking no way was that there ..i screenshot it and zoomed in and it was from a Safari park down Devon way so i messaged Popla to tell them what the sneaky twats had done...i won my case and i hope Popla fined the cheating ***** for that sly trick.
I won a case with POPLA last year as well based on insufficient signage.
It was whilst recharging my car at an official tesla charger. I got out the car plugged in got back in the car for twenty minutes then unplugged and set off. There were no signs in the bay so no way would I have known about any restrictions. Went back there and took photos and sent them in with the appeal. They've now put them in every bay.

Back