McDonalds Wessington way parking 1hr limit £60 fine !

Guitar Man

Midfield
Anyone else been caught out with this ? Went a busy Sat t-time with 2 kids , big queues to get served , sat down to eat them, after main meal they wanted a Mcflurry so queued again finished them off then they had a bit colour in on the free stuff Mcdonalds supply then off we went , 2 weeks later letter through my door £60 fine rising to £100 if i don't pay in 14 days because i was 10 mins over , rang the manager of McDonalds and she didn't want to know .said the car parks run by Workflow Dynamics and nothing to do with us , So i appealed to Workflow dynamics and basically got told pay up , so £60 for a big mac meal and 2 x happy meals ! 🤬
Anyone else been caught out ? Or not payed the fine ?.

Anyone else been caught out with this ? Went a busy Sat t-time with 2 kids , big queues to get served , sat down to eat them, after main meal they wanted a Mcflurry so queued again finished them off then they had a bit colour in on the free stuff Mcdonalds supply then off we went , 2 weeks later letter through my door £60 fine rising to £100 if i don't pay in 14 days because i was 10 mins over , rang the manager of McDonalds and she didn't want to know .said the car parks run by Workflow Dynamics and nothing to do with us , So i appealed to Workflow dynamics and basically got told pay up , so £60 for a big mac meal and 2 x happy meals ! 🤬
Tell the parking firm to piss off. Stand firm and tell them you were in the premises spending money. Take a screenshot of your bank statement.

Not sure if its a 1hr limit but went last Yr about 7.45am, then went later about 12ish ( I remember it was the Saturday of Millwall at home). Got the same, picked up going in on the 1st visit then leaving on the 2nd visit. emailed them and it got cancelled. It's a f**king p***take but better off trying to get it cancelled than refusing to pay in case you get a black mark against your name

Seems reasonable that McDonalds ended up giving you those meals for free due to you receiving the parking ticket.

Tell the parking firm to piss off. Stand firm and tell them you were in the premises spending money. Take a screenshot of your bank statement.
E-mailed McDonalds got a reply very sorry parking is not run by us .
So there are parking bays 3m away from the Restaurant yet you get fined for using it over a hour.

So there are parking bays 3m away from the Restaurant yet you get fined for using it over a hour.
If the sign says for use by McDonalds customers only that should help your case as you were in and out in a reasonable time.

You were using the restaurant. If you’ve got proof they haven’t got a leg to stand on.

Just send the parking firm a screenshot of your transactions in McDonald’s and there won’t be a problem

Last edited:
That’ll teach you for giving your kids that shite! 😂

I appealed a private parking ticket. They rejected my appeal, I took it to the ombudsman, the company didn't bother pursuing after that. I think this is the general pattern....it's not worth their resources fighting it.
I'd paid but the ticket was not a sticky back and had dropped off the dash when I closed the car door. If you were in the restaurant just over an hour and it's their car park it doesn't seem very reasonable.

If You didnt pay cash You should be able to source record of Your 2 visits to purchase. Stats should confirm how busy it was on the day surely

Back