McDonalds Wessington way parking 1hr limit £60 fine !

**Update**
@Idaniels89

Won my case ! :D

I had a feeling i would as the signage positioning and how small the writing is on the signs are ridiculous.
Wish i could post pics of them
The tw&ts even submitted pictures of Parking signage with big warning letters but when i screenshot it and zoomed in it was from a zoo car park in Devon ! .

I Submitted this in the evidence as well and the ombudsman brought it up in the summary.

If we presume they knew it wasn’t a sign at that car park then it is fraud as they did it with a view to making a gain for themselves (the parking fine). I would consider a report to the police.

**Update**
@Idaniels89

Won my case ! :D

I had a feeling i would as the signage positioning and how small the writing is on the signs are ridiculous.
Wish i could post pics of them
The tw&ts even submitted pictures of Parking signage with big warning letters but when i screenshot it and zoomed in it was from a zoo car park in Devon ! .

I Submitted this in the evidence as well and the ombudsman brought it up in the summary.
You should definitely report that - it's fraud.

Anyone else been caught out with this ? Went a busy Sat t-time with 2 kids , big queues to get served , sat down to eat them, after main meal they wanted a Mcflurry so queued again finished them off then they had a bit colour in on the free stuff Mcdonalds supply then off we went , 2 weeks later letter through my door £60 fine rising to £100 if i don't pay in 14 days because i was 10 mins over , rang the manager of McDonalds and she didn't want to know .said the car parks run by Workflow Dynamics and nothing to do with us , So i appealed to Workflow dynamics and basically got told pay up , so £60 for a big mac meal and 2 x happy meals ! 🤬
Anyone else been caught out ? Or not payed the fine ?.
I've just got one! I had to deal with some phone calls which stressed & upset me, so was on a call & then went into McDonald's, so must of literally just been over the time! It's ridiculous to think it's got a parking eye on the car park!

Alternatively use POPLA , a free appeals service.
It's free for you, but it costs Workflowdynamics and their ilk £30 to fight the appeal . If you add on the time some admin skivvy takes to prepare it there's another £20 or so. At that point 95% of parking companies drop the charge.

You need evidence though to submit?

Are these the sort of bullshit parking companies that back down when you refuse?

I’ve heard a few stories of their parking notice fines not being legally enforceable.

You need evidence though to submit?

The OP would have used his evidence as in #1 ie long queues, slow service.

POPLA will use any evidence you can supply.

Incidentally, my wife got a parking ticket at the Arnison Centre in January for overstaying.
Checked on Pepipoo, the company running the parking ( Horizon iirc ) have a useless set of t and c, and wrote to me ( owner of car ) asking for details of the driver. Replied using the Pepipoo template declining to give details and the charges were dropped.

Some parking companies back off, but not all!

Last edited:
The OP would have used his evidence as in #1 ie long queues, slow service.

POPLA will use any evidence you can supply.

Incidentally, my wife got a parking ticket at the Arnison Centre in January for overstaying.
Checked on Pepipoo, the company running the parking have a useless set of t and c, and wrote to me ( owner of car ) asking for details of the driver. Replied using the Pepipoo template declining to give details and the charges were dropped.

Some parking companies back off, but not all!
I didn’t realise this was an old thread. Interesting stuff.

My Mrs just got done for 70 minutes in the KFC here.

Ironically she had spent £30 on the meals.

Now the bastards want another £60

So, the reason for taking so long was huge queues ( kids and bloody holidays 🙄 ) and very slow service. Perhaps they even brought the wrong meal to your table causing an even longer delay 😉? hence you inadvertently overran without realising?

Small signs badly located and hard to spot?

Tell her to keep receipt and if KFC won’t or can’t help, contact POPLA . Totally free for you and it costs the parking company £30 to defend it.

Which parking company is it btw?

Last edited:
So, the reason for taking so long was huge queues ( kids and bloody holidays 🙄 ) and very slow service. Perhaps they even brought the wrong meal to your table causing an even longer delay 😉? hence you inadvertently overran without realising?

Small signs badly located and hard to spot?

Tell her to keep receipt and if KFC won’t or can’t help, contact POPLA . Totally free for you and it costs the parking company £30 to defend it.

Which parking company is it btw?
Parking eye no doubt. Scummy bastards.

I got one months ago at the Black Bull in Fulwood Preston, they had removed the screen to input your reg as you went into the pub
and I forgot to use the one at the bar as I was thinking more about my pint!
The fine went from £40 to £60 and the last letter was for £170 despite lodging an appeal. not a chance am I paying those crooks.

Back