McCann Doc coming to Netflix

Gave up after 5 episodes, an awful watch. Very clearly pushing the abduction theory which there’s absokutely no evidence to support at all. The whole thing was fucked by incompetent policing but the mccanns didn’t get investigated properly.
Some questions:

-Why does the documentary not examine their timeline in more detail, or even make reference to the fact there’s no evidence Madeline was alive past 5:30?

-Why did they think it was normal to leave a three year old and two one year olds on their own?

-Why did Kate insist immediately that she had been ‘taken’?

-Why then did she leave both the twins in the same room she insisted her daughter was taken from to go and tell the others?

-How come the dogs identified the same area in the apartment and the mccanns car (although not proof on its own what are the chances)?

For me they either killed her or were at very least responsible through negligence.

Perhaps they are setting it up for season two?

Gave up after 5 episodes, an awful watch. Very clearly pushing the abduction theory which there’s absokutely no evidence to support at all. The whole thing was fucked by incompetent policing but the mccanns didn’t get investigated properly.
Some questions:

-Why does the documentary not examine their timeline in more detail, or even make reference to the fact there’s no evidence Madeline was alive past 5:30?

-Why did they think it was normal to leave a three year old and two one year olds on their own?

-Why then did she leave both the twins in the same room she insisted her daughter was taken from to go and tell the others?

-How come the dogs identified the same area in the apartment and the mccanns car (although not proof on its own what are the chances)?

For me they either killed her or were at very least responsible through negligence.
I noticed this conversation the other day but hadn't reached the point in the Documentary where it had been discussed. Watched the episode last night (number 5), and Amaral 100% says a sentence about being dismissed. That is dismissed from the case.

Both the Guardian and the Telegraph support Amaral's own statement on the Netflix doc, with the Guardian saying he was removed from the case and demoted from his Position as Chief of Police in Portimao, the Telegraph saying he was sacked from the inquiry.

Not sure if you are arguing about the use of words whether he was sacked just from that case, or completely from his job? The Guardian claims he was sacked from the case and then transferred to Faro.

Regardless, it's hardly evidence that he was a "good man" and a "top copper" is it? A top copper that was removed from his top position according to what i've said above.

When you make these assumptions do you not go back through the timeline yourself and think how far fetched it sounds? Let's say 5.30 was the last sighting of them - that means the death that the McCanns were involved in took place within a 3 hour time frame as they went for the meal at around 8.30.

What is wrong with Kate saying she had been taken? If you go to check on your daughter and she is no longer there you are going to jump to 2 conclusions. Either she has wandered off, or she has been taken? Personally, I think i'd have come to the same conclusion as her.

With the dogs, do you not think the argument falls down when the dogs barked at a car that they hired 25 days after the disappearance? For that to be relevant, the McCann's would have had to have moved the body in to that car during a time when the world media was on them and the Police were involved. Realistically, where did they hide the body? You honestly believe that they murdered her or killed her accidentally within 3 hour time frame, then found a suitable place to hide her body for all this time, whilst being back for the meal, acting normal with friends?

If what you claim was true, what about the way they acted on the night? The 7 people they were with would surely have noticed something odd about their behaviour, and the man Gerry met at Tennis on the resort, who had a 5 minute conversation with Gerry around 9.15 would surely have noticed Gerry not being himself, and yet claims he acted absolutely normal...

They had a ‘star chart’ at their home in Leicestershire I believe specifically for Madeleine staying in her own bed during the night. With this in mind, my first thought would be that the child had got up in the middle of the night rather than been abducted. That said, if this was my own childs history, I wouldnt leave them unsupervised in an unfamilar apartment.

It;s very very sad. Watching now. What is clear is that the forensic evidence against the McCanns is non-existent. Also, no one has ever explained that if they had killed, accidentally or otherwise, Madeleine why they have constantly campaigned for years to try and find her and keep it in the public eye? Wouldn't they have kept quiet and hope the media interest went away?

Last edited:
It;s very very sad. Watching now. What is clear is that the forensic evidence against the McCanns is non-existent. Also, no one has every explained that if they had killed, accidentally or otherwise, Madeleine why they have constantly campaigned for years to try and find her and keep it in the public eye? Wouldn't they have kept quiet and hope the media interest went away?
You’re discounting the dogs then?

Is that Netflix documentary the only thing you’re basing your evidence on?
I'm relying on the documentary factually reporting on the forensic results from the samples taken from the apartment and the car ie they are reporting on what the authorities who reviewed the 'evidence' said about it which was totally inconclusive. So in that context yes . If you have evidence that in fact the forensic evidence shows the McCanns are guilty as sin and the documentary is deliberately lying about what the authorities said about the results then by all means post a link to that evidence. I suppose the question then from me would be if the forensic evidence is overwhelmingly against them why haven't they been charged?

Last edited:
I suppose the question then from me would be if the forensic evidence is overwhelmingly against them why haven't they been charged?
There is the real question of this whole affair.
Maybe ask Gordon Brown or any other of the unbelievable team they’ve brought in to hide the truth of the lie!

There is the real question of this whole affair.
Maybe ask Gordon Brown or any other of the unbelievable team they’ve brought in to hide the truth of the lie!
So where is the evidence against the McCanns? Certainly no forensic evidence.

Nee idea what happened but the McCanns are seriously weird people.
They're completely broken by grief. Normal can't exist after something like that happens to you.

Last edited:
If the Police Forces of two European Nations can't solve this after 12 years, after 10's of millions of monetary units have been spent and thousands of payable working hours seem to have been wasted... looking for one blonde white lass... Do we even know she existed to start with?

Some questions:

Eh? Are you watching the same series as me, there was practically a whole episode slagging them off for leaving the kids alone :lol:

Back