Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still play this mate? I haven't been on since I finished the game a while ago and only played Bronze so might not be very good.

If you fancy a few games add me (it is 360 right?) GT is: Bonzai Badger

Aye, no problem. I moved up to silver and the odd gold a few weeks back but still play Bronze to test out weapon and power combinations.

Try the Bioware forums for advice, I'm on there as well and they're very useful if you want to get better fast. It's scary how much of their lives some of them appear to spend on it though :eek:

This multiplayer weekend (Op Mastiff) is all about Silver games.

Anyone played the extended cut yet then? I've done all the possible endings now. Here are my thoughts....SPOILERS

For me EC doesn't really address some of the biggest issues fans have with the ending. The only thing I really noticed that was different before getting beamed up to the citadel was the explanation for your squad mates being on the Normandy when they crash land. They get injured trying to reach the beam and Shepard calls the Normandy for extraction. Every other change was after choosing an ending.

For the three original endings all you get is a few extra cut scenes after the final battle. I suppose it does at least explain that the mass relays are just damaged and can be repaired (in the synthesis ending it shows the reapers repairing the damage). It also shows you that all your crew survived and escaped on the Normandy (apart from EDI if you chose destroy). Their aren't any big revelations other than that. It's all fairly self explanatory and would have been presumed from the original endings. It's nice to see the extra content and a few more bits of dialogue with your crew but most of the original plot holes still exist.

The new fourth option, to not choose and defy the annoying little shit, is an interesting addition even if it does lose the war and continue the cycle. It's not very fleshed out though and you can tell it's just been added as an after thought to try to appease fans. It maybe would have been better if you could refuse to choose but still win the war but I guess that would go against everything we know about the reapers. Also when you piss off the little shit was that Harbinger's voice? Not sure what the hell that meant.

It is good that they tried to give fans a bit more closure and let them see what happened to some of the characters. Had they released that ending originally there would have been less anger I think but it still has massive flaws.

Eh finished the game and it put me back on the Normandy on the planet to assault the illusive mans base? What the hell? Everyone get the illusive man telling the boy the Shepard story?

Plus aswell the little Catalyst kid was talking about the options I sort of switched off and just went into the beam and the. Crucible just flashes green with Joker, Edi landing on a green plannet then at last minute Liara appeared then it went to credits.

*SPOILERS*

Make no mistake its a massive cock up. For such a brilliant game (my best game ever) to end like that is criminal. Epic build up anyway, absoluted loved it until Star Child entered the fray (WTF!).

Note.. the EDI/Joker thing only happens in the "green" ending.
Ah what does the green ending mean then. That's the only option I had!

SPOILERS!:
Just completed the game and I am completely empty. Chose the Green (Synthesise) choice at the end. Everyone apart from Kaiden survived in ME1/2 but Mordin (cried) Thane (cried) and Amanda all died. Really don't know what to make of that ending. After three games with the same character and around 250+ hours of Mass Effect it's Joker, EDI and Liara crashing on a planet? What happened to everyone else? I need to know!!

Through the entire game people always mention to Shepard going to a bar after saving the world. That's the ending I wanted. A big fuck-off medal, Liara on my shoulder and a massive piss-up at Omega complete with Geth dancing the robot and all the races celebrating together.

So much for how important all the decisions were in the three games too. They meant fuck all!

Most annoying thing? It is still an absolute masterpiece.

Anyone ever wants a game on XBOX feel free to add me: PeroxideOrchid.
Absolutly love this post!

Also been reading there. Apparantly not I common in the saving Anderson scene before he dies himself. Extra scene or something. Glad I got to shoot the illusive gayman like.

Class that like!

I have downloaded the Extened cut. I click play now and it says play the game it was downloaded for? What the hell?

Do I have to replay from before the attack on the Cerbus base? All of that again and the final missions?

Edit av worked it out,

Played through the ending again but installed the DLC. Made exact same choices and the beam is now blue compared to green before. Strange.

So. Who's played Citadel then? Won't post any spoilers yet but I thought it was brilliantly done. Full of in jokes/references for the hardcore fans. Very funny and lighthearted at times with some great dialogue.

Perfect way to say goodbye to the great characters they've developed over the years. Actually quite emotional finishing it. :oops: Up there with Lair of the Shadow Broker as the best Mass Effect DLC for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back