Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cousin It

Available to download from the usual places ;) and to order as a backup of the game we're all gonna buy on the 9th.

Can't wait for this. Just finishing off a playthrough of ME2 with my ME1 character inported then straight onto 3. :cool:

Available to download from the usual places ;) and to order as a backup of the game we're all gonna buy on the 9th.

Can't wait for this. Just finishing off a playthrough of ME2 with my ME1 character inported then straight onto 3. :cool:

Did you make sure everyone survived though? :cool:

Also, if you've not played all the DLC that came after ME2, it's worth doing them before starting 3.

Personally, I like the series so much I'm actually shelling out for it. :eek:

Also, if you've not played all the DLC that came after ME2, it's worth doing them before starting 3.

Playing on XBOX so can't get the add-ons :-(. I've completed ME2 on PS3 though so I've done the 3 bonus missions plus downloaded arrival and completed that. Shame I can't do so on XBOX as I'm guessing the events of Arrival will feature heavily in ME3.

on ly just started playing mass effect and really enjoying the first one, ive been missing out.
is it worth playing the 2nd one before getting the 3rd? is it better than the first?

on ly just started playing mass effect and really enjoying the first one, ive been missing out.
is it worth playing the 2nd one before getting the 3rd? is it better than the first?

The second one is twice as good as the first in my opinion and I love the first. The only drawbacks are the lack of customisable weapons (although a nuke launcher called the Cain makes up for it) and the planet scanning (zzzzzzz)

100% play the second before the third. If only for Miranda and to bed Tali ;)

Logon or register to see this image

Yes. and yes.

All your decisions you make through the games are imported to 3.

Did you save The Rachni?

Yes. and yes.

All your decisions you make through the games are imported to 3.

Did you save The Rachni?

aye i did. im not going down any particular path, just making choices that id make. i think im leaning more to renegade or whatever it is like

DLC is worth doing you say? Just pre-ordered Mass Effect 3. Tempted to get the DLC for 2 before it comes...

Shadow Broker is great. The rest range from decent to poor. Arrival was such a let down.

I thought Arrival was ok, nothing special, finished it today. Looking forward to getting cracking with the Shadow Broker in the next couple of days.

I seem to be belting through ME2 this time round.

not played the 2nd one, i heard it was more a shooter and much less of an rpg? gonna have a go tomorrow like, see if i can get it done by the time the new one is out

not played the 2nd one, i heard it was more a shooter and much less of an rpg? gonna have a go tomorrow like, see if i can get it done by the time the new one is out

There's less rpg 'fiddling' but still plenty if you like that kind of thing, and the fighting's much better.

You'll not complete all of it unless you've got a week off. Thirty or forty hours to get round everything and enjoy it.

Don't rush it mate - Mass Effect is there to be taken slowly and enjoyed. If you blast through it, you'll miss the point of it all.

It's less of an RPG, but the character development and lore is much more interesting.

Plus, Batarians are in it. Batarians are cool.

Logon or register to see this image

Aside from the trademark conversation wheel and select few choices you can make, there are no RPG elements at all in the 2nd. Its not a 3rd person shooter either, as the combat is painfully bad, although not quite as bad as the first. Its all about the story.

It also lacks the iconic locations of the first, and doesnt really seem to have a main planet at all anymore. The Citadel on ME1 is probably my favourite main city of any game ever made, but on the 2nd one it was a disgrace.

Not saying its a bad game at all like, as its still fantastic, but not a patch on the first.

Sorry for the rant. Everytime I see or hear Mass Effect 2 and RPG in the same sentence I start seeing bright white flashes of nerd rage ;)

I tried the multiplayer demo this morning. It's pretty good, with a refreshing emphasis on teamwork.

Apparently how you do in multiplayer is going to affect how you do in the single player game which is an interesting idea.

I tried the multiplayer demo this morning. It's pretty good, with a refreshing emphasis on teamwork.

Apparently how you do in multiplayer is going to affect how you do in the single player game which is an interesting idea.

Seriously?!?!?!

They said they were keeping the two things seperate when multiplayer was announced.

Fuck BioWare and EA. They just gave me an excuse to start torrenting their games instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back