Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to try and do the Gold maps on multiplayer with me? Meant to be bloody hard but I want the achievement you get for it. :oops:

My tag is PeroxideOrchid.

I'm SMBTheExile (I know, I know). I get on there quite often but I've missed the last two mission weekends as I've been away. I've a couple of characters capable of having a go on the gold maps with now. Infiltrator seems the most effective class.

RE the ending - I realised last week - the last five minutes isn't the ending, really, is it? The whole game is one giant ending. Revisiting old friends and planets all the way through, the lovely little cameos tying up loose ends with even minor characters. It's a massive final chapter.

I'm SMBTheExile (I know, I know). I get on there quite often but I've missed the last two mission weekends as I've been away. I've a couple of characters capable of having a go on the gold maps with now. Infiltrator seems the most effective class.

RE the ending - I realised last week - the last five minutes isn't the ending, really, is it? The whole game is one giant ending. Revisiting old friends and planets all the way through, the lovely little cameos tying up loose ends with even minor characters. It's a massive final chapter.

Good stuff. My characters (Adept and Engineer both level 18) are pretty shite to be honest - mostly due to the poor weapons I have. On a Gold map I'll be punching above my weight but sure I'll crack them eventually!

Read the last two pages, haven't played ME3 yet but enjoyed the footage on Youtube. I'm confused as to what the agenda of the reapers is with SHepherd.

Years spent indoctrinating him (possibly) and he died once already. Illusive man(indoctrinated) revives him, they continue and in the end the reapers want him to fuse organic and synthetic life? Is that the whole point?

Read the last two pages, haven't played ME3 yet but enjoyed the footage on Youtube. I'm confused as to what the agenda of the reapers is with SHepherd.

Years spent indoctrinating him (possibly) and he died once already. Illusive man(indoctrinated) revives him, they continue and in the end the reapers want him to fuse organic and synthetic life? Is that the whole point?

My take on it, and I may be a million miles wrong, is that the Reapers thought that human life could improve them. They mainly saw this through Shepherds dealings with them (i.e. killing Sovereign etc) which is why they wanted to fuse the 2 together. The reapers live on for the next cycle but have taken the best of what humanity has to offer

As much as I love the ME series the ending was a bit of a mess, looking forward to this epilogue type DLC in the summer which will hopefully tie things off or at least make more sense!!

I do agree with The Exile that the whole game was the ending with you seeing the results of decisions made in earlier games

My take on it, and I may be a million miles wrong, is that the Reapers thought that human life could improve them. They mainly saw this through Shepherds dealings with them (i.e. killing Sovereign etc) which is why they wanted to fuse the 2 together. The reapers live on for the next cycle but have taken the best of what humanity has to offer

As much as I love the ME series the ending was a bit of a mess, looking forward to this epilogue type DLC in the summer which will hopefully tie things off or at least make more sense!!

I do agree with The Exile that the whole game was the ending with you seeing the results of decisions made in earlier games

I think the DLC will use (steal) the idea that the very end sequence was in Shepard's mind, and use the last-second bit of him breathing on Earth as the start of the DLC - saying that he never got to the crucible and was in fact blown up by Harbinger. That will appease the 'Shepard is indoctrinated' people whilst hanging on to a shed of dignity - it will also stop all the continuity/shitty parts of the ending, including the Mass Relays being destroyed and Joker f***ing off with his lass whilst you're still in a fight.

I think the DLC will use (steal) the idea that the very end sequence was in Shepard's mind, and use the last-second bit of him breathing on Earth as the start of the DLC - saying that he never got to the crucible and was in fact blown up by Harbinger. That will appease the 'Shepard is indoctrinated' people whilst hanging on to a shed of dignity - it will also stop all the continuity/shitty parts of the ending, including the Mass Relays being destroyed and Joker f***ing off with his lass whilst you're still in a fight.

he mustnt have got to the crucible like, you dont fall from an exploding space station back to the same spot in earth in one peice

fuckin stupid ending. such a tragic shame. cant complain too much mind, probably the best series ever made imo, got many hours of enjoyment out of it and never felt so involved with characters before. masterpeice of gaming. i hope they make further games perhaps away from shepherd around other races or a prequel of the first contact war or summit

It's a shame when these companies have fantastic ideas and storylines then completely fuck up the ending :lol:

i.e. LOST. Not a game but, awful ending.

fuckin stupid ending. such a tragic shame. cant complain too much mind, probably the best series ever made imo, got many hours of enjoyment out of it and never felt so involved with characters before. masterpeice of gaming. i hope they make further games perhaps away from shepherd around other races or a prequel of the first contact war or summit

Oh absolutely. I was thinking about getting an N7 tattoo. :lol:

As you say, I've never felt so much passion for the characters of anything, let alone just videogames.

Oh absolutely. I was thinking about getting an N7 tattoo. :lol:

As you say, I've never felt so much passion for the characters of anything, let alone just videogames.

i could have cried before the final battle walking round speaking to all my lads and lasses

I think a lot of it was the expectation of an 'Independance Day' ending, everyone survives, reapers destroyed, happy happy all round. It's quite clear from very early on in 3 that it's not going to be like that, some sort of massive sacrifice has to be made and is made, regardless of the last five minutes. If you think of it as an extended series finale it's absolutely stunning, massive set piece after massive set piece with increasing difficulty. The 'end', ie the last five or ten minutes, is almost by the by and everyone would have been raving about it if it had finished with Shepherd entering the beam.

Weird, I was just about to post that but more Bioware in general

I would imagine Dragon Age 3 is underway but I've not seen any details. No idea on anything else they may be working on

never played the 2nd one, heard it was a let down. first was great like

never played the 2nd one, heard it was a let down. first was great like
Both of these points are correct.

The only good thing about the second one was the middle part and the battle against the Qunari, the Qunari leader, in particular was an excellent character. Aside from that the game was a massive disappointment.

Both of these points are correct.

The only good thing about the second one was the middle part and the battle against the Qunari, the Qunari leader, in particular was an excellent character. Aside from that the game was a massive disappointment.

Was nowhere near as good as the first and the combat in it was shocking but I still enjoyed it. Thought it had some good characters in it and some of the story was pretty good

Although it also had the worst companion in Bioware history, Anders

Was nowhere near as good as the first and the combat in it was shocking but I still enjoyed it. Thought it had some good characters in it and some of the story was pretty good

Although it also had the worst companion in Bioware history, Anders
The combat was hideous, as were the recycled environments every 5 minutes.

I can't even remember most of the characters to be honest, they were just that forgettable. Hawke wasn't a great lead either.

Who's up for a bit of multiplayer madness this Op weekend then?

I've got three lads ready to promote out for the individual goal, gerrin.

I'll be on between 10-12 tomorrow morning.

Remember - communication is the key at silver and gold level.

New maps and characters coming 29th May - Webellion!

Who's up for a bit of multiplayer madness this Op weekend then?

I've got three lads ready to promote out for the individual goal, gerrin.

I'll be on between 10-12 tomorrow morning.

Remember - communication is the key at silver and gold level.

New maps and characters coming 29th May - Webellion!

You still play this mate? I haven't been on since I finished the game a while ago and only played Bronze so might not be very good.

If you fancy a few games add me (it is 360 right?) GT is: Bonzai Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back