Mass Effect 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah I posted some links about it earlier in the thread. To me it seems like the most logical explanation for it all but it still has holes in it. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-analyzing-the-indoctrination-theory/

And a video that explains it very clearly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythY_GkEBck

Interesting. Very interesting. I did wonder how/why the Illusive Man would be at the Citadel, and how Anderson got to the control panel before Shepard.

Interesting. Very interesting. I did wonder how/why the Illusive Man would be at the Citadel, and how Anderson got to the control panel before Shepard.

Yeah. I think it offers the most sensible explanation of the ending and it is extremely clever if this is what they planned all along. I still need clarification on so many things though. What happened to certain characters etc. Hopefully the free dlc will establish just what the fuck the ending was all about and give some characters some closure. One massive problem I have with all three endings irrespective of this theory, is the destruction of the mass relay network effectively stranding all the fleets in the Sol system.

Yeah. I think it offers the most sensible explanation of the ending and it is extremely clever if this is what they planned all along. I still need clarification on so many things though. What happened to certain characters etc. Hopefully the free dlc will establish just what the fuck the ending was all about and give some characters some closure. One massive problem I have with all three endings irrespective of this theory, is the destruction of the mass relay network effectively stranding all the fleets in the Sol system.

The mass relays being destroyed made absolutely no sense to me. You go through the entire game uniting the galaxy, and now the galaxy has no way of connecting with each other so what was the point? Not to mention that they would have destroyed the systems they were a part of (like the Batarian colony being destroyed in The Arrival).

What REALLY pisses me off is the way that the decisions you make through all three games don't really make any difference to the ending...at all.

The mass relays being destroyed made absolutely no sense to me. You go through the entire game uniting the galaxy, and now the galaxy has no way of connecting with each other so what was the point? Not to mention that they would have destroyed the systems they were a part of (like the Batarian colony being destroyed in The Arrival).

What REALLY pisses me off is the way that the decisions you make through all three games don't really make any difference to the ending...at all.

Exactly. Its so strange because the game, and the series, was absolutely brilliant up to those last 10 minutes. Particularly the writing. There has to be more too it. It makes me slightly angry thinking about it :lol:. Lets just hope the dlc gives us answers.

Started the game again on Insanity last night. Managed to get all the way to Thessia just in one playthrough. I completed everything in my 'proper' save but just blasting through it now. This time Tali is the love interest (as she was in ME2) and I'm gutted I'm stuck with dull Liara on the real playthrough. In my mind Shepard chose Liara but will always regret it!

Christ I need a hobby. :lol:

Started the game again on Insanity last night. Managed to get all the way to Thessia just in one playthrough. I completed everything in my 'proper' save but just blasting through it now. This time Tali is the love interest (as she was in ME2) and I'm gutted I'm stuck with dull Liara on the real playthrough. In my mind Shepard chose Liara but will always regret it!

Christ I need a hobby. :lol:

Game has dipped under £20 now so will be getting it.

Been playing Skyrim since November, picked up Mass Effect 3 and finished it in 3 days.. been back on Skyrim since.

220 hours vrs 18 hours..

They really screwed this one up.

Been playing Skyrim since November, picked up Mass Effect 3 and finished it in 3 days.. been back on Skyrim since.

220 hours vrs 18 hours..

They really screwed this one up.
Different sort of games though. Skyrim is all about exploration and a massive open world, whereas Mass Effect is about character development and a story driven game.

None of the Mass Effect games have produced 35+ hours of gameplay in one playthrough, hardly fair to compare it to a game like Skyrim.

Its very interesting that indoctrination vid like. Its amazing the little clues that have been spread throughout the game. Im not sure if it mentioned this in the vid or not but after watchign the bits about hearing reaper voices in the background during cutscenes I watched the first cutscene again when you are escaping Earth and watching that kid climb into the shuttle only for the shuttle to be destroyed. If you listen to the music during this bit its quite a sad melancholy bit of music but then suddenly a loud reaper like noise cuts through the music track, this is in the actual track of music, not just in the cutscene.

After watching the video this looks like its another sign of Shephards indoctrination as he appears sad, along with the music, but then the loud reaper noise rings out as if he is trying to battle it in his mind.

Or....... I might just be reading too much into it :lol:

Yeah I posted some links about it earlier in the thread. To me it seems like the most logical explanation for it all but it still has holes in it. Here's a link if you're interested.

http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect-3-ending-analyzing-the-indoctrination-theory/

Class video mate, makes alot of sense. I noticed very little of that during the game :oops: shows how much attention I was paying :lol:

Class video mate, makes alot of sense. I noticed very little of that during the game :oops: shows how much attention I was paying :lol:

Yeah, it really seems to be the best explanation of the ending. I saw signs of Shepard's indoctrination during the game but hadn't decided it was full fledged. Then the Kai Leng bit, with the prothean AI shutting down in indoctrinated presence, seemed to confirm that Shepard wasn't indoctrinated. Indoctrination theory still has big holes in it but it is so much better to think that that is the ending they intended. Otherwise it's an abomination.

Yeah, it really seems to be the best explanation of the ending. I saw signs of Shepard's indoctrination during the game but hadn't decided it was full fledged. Then the Kai Leng bit, with the prothean AI shutting down in indoctrinated presence, seemed to confirm that Shepard wasn't indoctrinated. Indoctrination theory still has big holes in it but it is so much better to think that that is the ending they intended. Otherwise it's an abomination.
Never even thought about that.

So it seems that whichever ending they intended, all of them have massive plot holes. Way to go Bioware!

Never even thought about that.

So it seems that whichever ending they intended, all of them have massive plot holes. Way to go Bioware!

Certainly seems that way unless I'm missing something. I guess they could say that Shepard wasn't fully indoctrinated therefore wasn't recognised as a threat by the AI or something along those lines. Hopefully the DLC will bring some clarity but I really don't see how they could tie it all together.

very interesting. if this is intended (seems to make sense) then i feel alot better about the ending. dunno why theyd keep it secret though.
i did think it might be in his mind when everything blows up but shepherds body is back on earth and breathing. what, he fell from space back to london?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back