Mason Greenwood

They're adequate. I'm not 100% convinced by either but they'll do. Central defence is the main issue for me. Maguire is very heart on his sleeve Terry Butcher but I've no idea who plays alongside him.
Gomez im not even sure we can name 4 competent (that's England for those confused)
Where did you say england players. After all it is a Sunderland message board
Its a thread talking about England players what's hard to understand? Ahh right Sunderland message board so other things can't be spoke about you might want to stop the tv threads etc.

Last edited:
Gomez im not even sure we can name 4 competent (that's England for those confused)

Its a thread talking about England players what's hard to understand? Ahh right Sunderland message board so other things can't be spoke about you might want to stop the tv threads etc.
Nah marra you started a new thread about him it just got merged

Shame that when we finally come round to win it again it'll be in a joke of a world cup in Qatar!

We've got really good young players with immense potential. I just hope they aren't wasted by sitting on benches. I hope Greenwood and Foden start playing 80% of games, but I worry their sides will just buy more players and keep them as back up. And with Chelsea and Abraham. Breaking through is one thing, but if these lads aren't playing week in week out I hope they, like Sancho did, they go elsewhere

We've got really good young players with immense potential. I just hope they aren't wasted by sitting on benches. I hope Greenwood and Foden start playing 80% of games, but I worry their sides will just buy more players and keep them as back up. And with Chelsea and Abraham. Breaking through is one thing, but if these lads aren't playing week in week out I hope they, like Sancho did, they go elsewhere
We don't have the quality at cb or cm to win a tournament in my opinion although ben white on loan from Brighton at Leeds is highly rated

I think mason greenwood will play a lot at United alongside Rashford and martial. United look so potent now. Pogba and Fernandes have struck a chord and then those 3 up top is frightening and 2 of them are English.

We don't have the quality at cb or cm to win a tournament in my opinion although ben white on loan from Brighton at Leeds is highly rated

I agree. I don't think we'll be a favourite at the euros. Like you say, I worry about the entire spine tbh. Not convinced in goal, definitely not at centre back, could do with more in central midfield, and don't see a real alternative to Kane at present. I look to when we had Campbell, ferdinand, King, Terry, even Woodgate at the back. That was better than now. Gerrard, lampard, Scholes in central midfield. And god, when we had Shearer, Sheringham, Fowler, Cole, Owen. I know these weren't all playing at the same time, but this was when I thought we had genuine strength in depth in certain positions. Now we've got Keane and Maguire, Kane with just Abraham behind him at the minute, Winks getting games and Dier and stuff. We're miles off imo, but we do have a lot of quality coming through so I'm hopeful for 22 and beyond

Looks a very good player. England need players coming through of this quality. The fact he is strong/skillful with both feet alone makes him a shoe in for the euros IMO.

Yeah on current form Ali should be nowhere near the squad
Being left out would be the best thing for him. Get him focussed.
Looks a very good player. England need players coming through of this quality. The fact he is strong/skillful with both feet alone makes him a shoe in for the euros IMO.
I like that Southgate isn’t scared to drop an old head. Under previous England managers/coaches it was harder to get out of the squad than in.
Won’t be as easy to go to Germany soon.

Last edited:
Being left out would be the best thing for him. Get him focussed.

I like that Southgate isn’t scared to drop an old head. Under previous England managers/coaches it was harder to get out of the squad than in.

Won’t be as easy to go to Germany soon.
Probably not, but I hope they at least accept playing outside the top 6 if they have to, go to like an Everton or something and play every week against good footballers, rather than sitting at City and getting overlooked. Agree though, it'll be a shame if they can't easily play in Germany, Holland or wherever

Like all major tournaments we will need a bit of luck but I think we have the talent to win them.

Defensively we aren't as strong but the team seems to be a lot stronger than the golden generation. Southgate has done an amazing job getting the culture of the England set up to what it is now.

they are playing plenty, managers easing them in, dont want burn out

they are kids man, 18 years old.
When we are on England players,

you couldn't buy a worse player for 85 mill than Maguire

he is a stead eddy, no more

I can not believe they spent that on him, so slow and cumbersome

Last edited:

Back