Mason Greenwood

I don't particularly rate him either. It mainly goes to show how poor England's central defence options are.

Mason Holgate as been playing central for Everton, and City, United, Arsenal, & Chelsea. Are all said to be interested in him, really hoping Everton tell them he’ll cost £80M and not a penny less 😂🤣 he’s only 23 so still classed as a youngster really.

I personally dont think he should be considered for england yet, let him just play football, let him develop without the added pressure of england. 7 games in and already people want him fast tracked into the england squad for the euros.

England have some real quality attacking threats and some fantastic youngsters which is great but we have shite all defensively and in Goalkeeping and nothing coming through. That will not win a tournament. There are other teams that are chock full of attacking talent but with better defensive prospects. Spain, Germany and most of all France chief among them. We would need alot of luck in the draw and we would have to have the mental fortitude to capitalise on that luck (we didn't against Croatia in Russia).

Hes 18 years old.
Hes on about alli
I like Joe Gomez and I hope playing alongside VvD he develops a lot. However, his performance against City on thursday and the way Sterling got the better of him is an example of how he is still not the real deal. Maguire has his failings too - Bergwijn sailing past him as if he didn't exist for the Spurs goal 2 weeks ago (Roy Keane wanting him to get the taxi back to Manchester) - the Bournemouth man Stanislas nutmegging him for the goal yesterday - though, in truth, in general hammer head has strengthened the Utd defence.
Why are you using thursday as some sort of yard stick?

Van dijk had a bad game ffs. They were clearly fucked off the celebrations.

You really cant use that game to judge anybody like

Last edited:
England have some real quality attacking threats and some fantastic youngsters which is great but we have shite all defensively and in Goalkeeping and nothing coming through. That will not win a tournament. There are other teams that are chock full of attacking talent but with better defensive prospects. Spain, Germany and most of all France chief among them. We would need alot of luck in the draw and we would have to have the mental fortitude to capitalise on that luck (we didn't against Croatia in Russia).

The premier league title being shared around a bit will help, Lester, Chelsea, City, Dippers, as well as the champions league spots, Spurs, Arsenal, United, it means just about every player in the England squad are developing a big game mentality, and experience against all the players they’ll be up against in the Euros and World Cup.

Key is make sure we cap them all in qualifiers. Trick use for years by the Germans so they have a huge pool of players other nations can't poach

The delay of the Euros by 12 month may have worked in England favour.
The international team at the moment has some talented young players and if experienced pros aren't carful, they will be dropped.
Ali sadly is one of the first players for me to be dropped from the squad and if Pickford is not careful, he won't be number 1. I will be intrigued if Ancelloti signs a keeper when the window opens

Just think 2 year ago right back was between Walker and Trippier. Now we have Trent and James as back up and Wan Bissaka who may actually miss out

The delay of the Euros by 12 month may have worked in England favour.
The international team at the moment has some talented young players and if experienced pros aren't carful, they will be dropped.
Ali sadly is one of the first players for me to be dropped from the squad and if Pickford is not careful, he won't be number 1. I will be intrigued if Ancelloti signs a keeper when the window opens

Just think 2 year ago right back was between Walker and Trippier. Now we have Trent and James as back up and Wan Bissaka who may actually miss out
Wan Bissaka and trent should be rbs

Hes on about alli

Why are you using thursday as some sort of yard stick?

Van dijk had a bad game ffs. They were clearly fucked off the celebrations.

You really cant use that game to judge anybody like

Liverpool started the game like a house on fire - could've scored twice in the first 20 mins. The celebration hangover excuse doesn't wash - they were really hurt by the thrashing they got (it coud have been worse) - and I say this as an admirer of Liverpool. Gomez allowed his spat with Sterling to get the better of him. Man City, at their best and in scoring mode, are the best side in England - if not Europe. (can't wait for the Madrid game).

Liverpool started the game like a house on fire - could've scored twice in the first 20 mins. The celebration hangover excuse doesn't wash - they were really hurt by the thrashing they got (it coud have been worse) - and I say this as an admirer of Liverpool. Gomez allowed his spat with Sterling to get the better of him. Man City, at their best and in scoring mode, are the best side in England - if not Europe. (can't wait for the Madrid game).
Fair enough....so he had a shit game?

Who doesnt?

Wan Bissaka and trent should be rbs

Southgate needs to find a formation,system,style of play, pick two teams to play that way and stick with them two teams for the next 4 years, with the players available to him I go 3-4-2-1 high press, high energy, attacking, passing football.

Southgate needs to find a formation,system,style of play, pick two teams to play that way and stick with them two teams for the next 4 years, with the players available to him I go 3-4-1-2 high press, high energy, attacking, passing football.

With Sancho and Sterling we probably need to go with wingers!
We have a huge array of talent and you could make an argument for a number of ways to play.
Can only be a good thing

Back