Marquis

Status
Not open for further replies.

As I understood it, the problem following our enquiry into Marquis during the Jan transfer window was all about the club and not the player.
They were apparently looking for a fee of about 2.5 million ( and apparently didnt want to sell anyway as they were still in with a shout of promotion at the time)
It was reported that apparently Marquis was 'doing a Grigg' on the night of the transfer window and standing by his phone.

:confused: no

is that the only other league?

Seem to have 1 scout who picks players from the north west

always thought Scandinavia was a market we just don't do enough

they are happy to live in the north east for starters

Scandinavia is ideal, we should really be looking from all over. There’s no doubt League 2 lads good enough to step up. Holland, Belgium, France, makes no difference.

So two stories about a player who wants to move to the league above us, no where is there a quote to say we are interested or have any chance, perhaps the papers are readying themselves for " Black Cats lose out to... in bid for striker.
I smell bullshit
I think we will get a lot of this over the next few weeks.
A player wants a move or is on a free, agent gets it out in the press that Sunderland are interested, wage negotiations move up a notch on the basis that Sunderland ( for this league) are good wage payers.
Either the player gets a better wage, or if we are interested the price/ wage demands increase.

I'd take him, but only if we had two up top. Not sure it'd work if he was to be a lone striker.
That was the role when he played us. I think his role is as lone striker and despite someone above suggesting otherwise he is much more mobile than the strikers we already have. My concerns is just based on him being rubbish against us - he seemed more bothered about throwing himself on the ground. That said he scored a boat load of goals last season so it would be difficult to complain about if we signed him.

So two stories about a player who wants to move to the league above us, no where is there a quote to say we are interested or have any chance, perhaps the papers are readying themselves for " Black Cats lose out to... in bid for striker.
I smell bullshit

And the more negative posters on here will f***ing lap it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back