Marquis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, probably was. I just remembered Eaves making a Twitter post or similar on deadline day saying he was staying for the rest of the season, which had me wondering whether a move had been in the offing and then not gone ahead, but definitely more likely it was Marquis, in which case he can piss off, looks fairly shit anyway

Aye he's scored loads but I've not been impressed with him when I've seen him, which is admittedly very little. Mind, if they wanted to swap for Wyke I'd snap their hands off.

Obviously not but Scotland is the same level as say somewhere like UAE. We would be better off going into the Scandinavian league or something. That’s a ridiculously higher standard than them useless fuckers up the road.

Yeah the Scandinavians tend to do well as Sunderland, what was the name of the last kid that ducked off due to being homesick?
In fact other than Sorenson and Schwartz they have all been failures.

Next

Yeah the Scandinavians tend to do well as Sunderland, what was the name of the last kid that ducked off due to being homesick?
In fact other than Sorenson and Schwartz they have all been failures.

Next

Larsson wasn't a failure, Bendtner wasn't either. Kimpioka hasn't been a failure yet. Asoro left when we wanted him to stay but wasn't really a failure either.

I believe you mean Hysen who was good while he was here but was homesick.

Prica was a failure.

Larsson wasn't a failure, Bendtner wasn't either. Kimpioka hasn't been a failure yet. Asoro left when we wanted him to stay but wasn't really a failure either.

I believe you mean Hysen who was good while he was here but was homesick.

Prica was a failure.

And Scottish successes? Johnston. McBardsley? Think I'm out.

Marquis looks like a Charlie Wyke who scores goals to me. So basically, a Charlie Wyke before we signed him.

We need pace to get in behind up there imo.

We will get this 'pick a player who did well last season in league 1 and link them to Sunderland' shite until the f***ing window closes.

Doubt it would have been Eaves as he'd already told them he wasn't signing a new contract so didn't fit as well.

Think the Doncaster chairman's comment's a couple of weeks ago pretty much confirmed it was Marquis.

Spot on Sam, Ive a very good friend who is a Gills season ticket holder down there in Kent and he told me that during his contract renewal negotiations Eaves was only asking for £2000 a week, Gillingham even refused the lad that !!!

Thats why I always said the lad was worth a punt on that kind of money...

Marquis looks like a Charlie Wyke who scores goals to me. So basically, a Charlie Wyke before we signed him.

We need pace to get in behind up there imo.

Thats the significant thing tho, for a big lad Marquis is quite a quick lad..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back