Marquis

Marquis won’t come he wants championship football. The other one I’ve never heard of but sounds shite. At least we aren’t buying scotch shite and trawling their piss poor leagues for failures.

Fairly sure Marquis was the bloke Donald referred to as trying to take piss in January in terms of money. Can’t see us being in for him again.

Yep, could only really have been him or Eaves. Whichever one it was, I can't see us being in for them again. Tbh I watched Marquis on YouTube when we were linked and he looked good, some good finishes with both feet, scores some with his head, looked quite accomplished. Then I paid more attention to him when watching him in matches (against us, in the fa cup and in the play offs) and thought he looked absolutely dreadful. Didn't offer anything in any of those games and I ended up thinking I was glad we avoided him

nope. we wont be signing marquis after what happened in jan.
I’d rather get someone like Chuks Aneke for the number 10 role and spend money on creative players to create chances for the two main forwards we already have, both Grigg and Wyke have proven to have scored goals at league one level but we haven’t created enough chances for them, tactics? System? Players?

Yep, could only really have been him or Eaves. Whichever one it was, I can't see us being in for them again. Tbh I watched Marquis on YouTube when we were linked and he looked good, some good finishes with both feet, scores some with his head, looked quite accomplished. Then I paid more attention to him when watching him in matches (against us, in the fa cup and in the play offs) and thought he looked absolutely dreadful. Didn't offer anything in any of those games and I ended up thinking I was glad we avoided him

Doubt it would have been Eaves as he'd already told them he wasn't signing a new contract so didn't fit as well.

Think the Doncaster chairman's comment's a couple of weeks ago pretty much confirmed it was Marquis.

eaves was soon to be out of contract though-and SD said was one we werent inf or then..

Doubt it would have been Eaves as he'd already told them he wasn't signing a new contract so didn't fit as well.

Think the Doncaster chairman's comment's a couple of weeks ago pretty much confirmed it was Marquis.

Aye, probably was. I just remembered Eaves making a Twitter post or similar on deadline day saying he was staying for the rest of the season, which had me wondering whether a move had been in the offing and then not gone ahead, but definitely more likely it was Marquis, in which case he can piss off, looks fairly shit anyway

Back