Marks & Spencer’s to close In Sunderland

Shocking that like.

Very close to the back of that housing estate n'arl. Surprised it's allowed. Ideal for us mind.

Christ. Gonna be bedlam without road improvements. Didn't think there was that much space there.
The Labour Councillors sent a leaflet round saying they wanted to fell all these trees before "Bird nesting" season. How nice ...So thats the "environmental box" ticked ffs. The feed road to the new development ( if it happens) will be nowhere near these felled trees. All the garbage they publish about "bats and environment etc" councils really couldn't give a stuff.
I was up Sainsbury’s a couple of days ago and I was taken aback at what I saw.
Trees were being uprooted before my very eyes plies of logs and there was a huge articulated lorry parked on the grass.
The area where most of the land has been trashed and trees felled will have no bearing on the access to that site. Someone has dropped a bollock . Like cutting off your leg to see if its infected. A fifty year old wood wiped out the twatts.

Last edited:
The Labour Councillors sent a leaflet round saying they wanted to fell all these trees before "Bird nesting" season. How nice ...So thats the "environmental box" ticked ffs. The feed road to the new development ( if it happens) will be nowhere near these felled trees. All the garbage they publish about "bats and environment etc" councils really couldn't give a stuff.

The area where most of the land has been trashed and trees felled will have no bearing on the access to that site. Someone has dropped a bollock . Like cutting off your leg to see if its infected. A fifty year old wood wiped out the twatts.
Do you mean that they cut down the wrong trees ?

Do you mean that they cut down the wrong trees ?
Looks like they cut down an area "far outside where they should" . This is a small strip of land 100 meters x 40 meters and they should have just done the end at the roundabout . The woods had a pathway through enjoyed by walkers. If this is council land maybe they have another agenda.?

Shop not viable as no parking

new, accessible M&S Foodhall store in Sunderland in the future, although this would be subject to being able to find a suitable site in the right type of location with car parking for customers."

It’s all bullshit
There’s a huge car park linked to the shop
Hexham has parking outside and still closing
Newcastle has no parking

this does my tits in, and its not all one way traffic either... the north east isnt a big place, there's no difference between 95% of the population in the north east so these false walls are weirdly sad.

seen a really good instagram account that is obviously newcastle based but visits lots of cool little local business all over northumberland & the wider county durham locations... over 20k of followers who want to know about the nice local restaurants, pubs, hotels, coffee shops, log cabin stuff... posted a story a while ago about never doing anything in sunderland, as it would too ick and their followers would know they was being "false"... that can only be down to football ffs... which had me thinking that most their followers would be following from a football agnostics point of view anyway, wtf has a football club got to do with going to the staiths cafe in dunston or otto's on stockon road...

they posted this sunderland diatribe while staying at a log cabin\hot tub gaff near darlington ffs! it belittles the entire local population purely because of where you stand at 3pm on a Saturday.
What was the account?

new, accessible M&S Foodhall store in Sunderland in the future, although this would be subject to being able to find a suitable site in the right type of location with car parking for customers."

It’s all bullshit
Newcastle has no parking
I’m Bouycoutting thems as should all Sunderland shoppers

The comments are class.

Person 1 - The conservatives are just an embarrassment. Making things up and twisting the truth to try to score political points. Fortunately the vast majority of people can see straight through it. They wont even back the film studio plan but are happy to bleat on about M+S and parking no end

Person 2 - and labour do the same people see through there lies to pity the don't care bout bringing high skilled job couldn't be bothered to bring ship building back here

Person 1 - Film studios will bring high paid jobs m8 get with it. Council are powerless with shipbuilding.

Person 2- so ship building won't bring high skilled jobs

I’m Bouycoutting thems as should all Sunderland shoppers

It’s all bullshit
Newcastle has no parking
You are correct, bullshit. Check out their website for new developments.
High Street stores are obviously not relevant.
Corporate decisions made without consideration of each individual site.
No chance High Street shop will be kept open

You are correct, bullshit. Check out their website for new developments.
High Street stores are obviously not relevant.
Corporate decisions made without consideration of each individual site.
No chance High Street shop will be kept open
My parents were in yesterday and it was bursting
The use it or lose it mantra is bullshit
No loyalty from either customers or retailers these days

Lot of people are upset that they are closing. You would think they would harness this Goodwill, a lot of businesses would kill for that. Instead they just continue to piss people off.

Lot of people are upset that they are closing. You would think they would harness this Goodwill, a lot of businesses would kill for that. Instead they just continue to piss people off.
Could be m and s ratner moment
That shop must do quite a few millions in turnover
No way will that transfer into their new store
As point of principle people will purposely shop else where
#boycouttm&s
Dalton park
Empty gap next door to 2nds shop??

If they’re opening a store with free parking next to Sainsburys in Silksworth then thats a lot more convenient for most than the one on High St

If they’re opening a store with free parking next to Sainsburys in Silksworth then thats a lot more convenient for most than the one on High St
That might end up blocked yet

Comes across like they’ve thrown their toys out the pram regarding city centre store

M & S or Aldi should just wait till "The Range " comes up for sale because its such a poor store now trade is poor. Car park always empty and not going to last. That will save them building on green space .

Back