Mark Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t love him at all I just think he’s a good manager who is much maligned due to his nationality and personality.

He hasn’t done a bad job at any club he’s been to.

It’s no surprise that the 3 clubs who have the biggest problem with him (West Ham, Mags and Everton) are 3 of the most deluded fan bases you’ll ever come across.

West Ham believe they have a ‘way’ whatever the fuck that is. Everton a bang average premier league club actually had aspirations of getting Diego simeone :lol: and the less said about your lot the better.

Complete waffle. It was backs to the wall surrender possession and keep it tight, the exact thing yous were crying about under Sam.

It’s great watching you lot be no further forward than last season (complete with early cup elimination against that dreadful manager Hughes) but try and dress it up that you’re really satisfied with it all.

Painted yourselves in the same corner as the mags have with Rafa.

Haha backs to the wall. It was nothing whatsoever like your hero served up and anybody with an ounce of knowledge about football could see it. We gave them a game which is why we got under their skin so much. Under your great man the game was lost on the coach to the ground.

The Allardyce thing bores me to be honest. These days people look at football too much as yes/no or black/white which is idiotic. Its possible for him to do a good job somewhere and not somewhere else. It happens, circumstances change. Some players are not suited to certain teams, styles or leagues, doesn't mean they're awful, just needs context.

Sucks the life out of me whenever he’s interviewed after the game, lord knows what it must be like having to see his face every day on the training ground. Miserable sour faced old prune.

Imagine a Hughes/Moyes double act! There’d be players hanging themselves from the trees at the academy (if theyre big enough).

Riles me that both get work still.

Haha backs to the wall. It was nothing whatsoever like your hero served up and anybody with an ounce of knowledge about football could see it. We gave them a game which is why we got under their skin so much. Under your great man the game was lost on the coach to the ground.

The Allardyce thing bores me to be honest. These days people look at football too much as yes/no or black/white which is idiotic. Its possible for him to do a good job somewhere and not somewhere else. It happens, circumstances change. Some players are not suited to certain teams, styles or leagues, doesn't mean they're awful, just needs context.
It was backs to the wall, surrendering possession camped behind the ball. To sum up ‘parking the bus’. Nothing wrong with that by the way given Chelsea’s quality but it’s amazing what you can get away with with a flash suit and fancy name.

I agree some managers can be successful (relative) at certain clubs and not others but in Allarydyce case he’s done pretty much all he can in all the jobs he’s had.

How you can say a bloke who took over you lot in 13th place and produced top 6 form wasn’t a success is laughable really. Apparently him not doing well in cup competitions was a stick to beat him with yet your new messiah couldn’t even navigate past Southampton! :oops:

Silva is doing well and Everton are better to watch. Their fans seem to be enjoying watching their side play again.

Listened to what Allardyce said about his time at Everton and I wasn't impressed. Said they finished bottom of the stat sheets for things like shoots on target, chances created etc because they simply weren't good enough to attack. In the same sentence he said he brought in Walcott & Tosun because he wanted to be attacking.

Listened to what Allardyce said about his time at Everton and I wasn't impressed. Said they finished bottom of the stat sheets for things like shoots on target, chances created etc because they simply weren't good enough to attack. In the same sentence he said he brought in Walcott & Tosun because he wanted to be attacking.
At a cost of £40m+
He's clearly a very capable manager but he's an even better self publicist.

They're enjoying watching their side again. Good for them
They have no choice as much like the mags they’ve put themselves into a corner where they have to put a brave face on it.

That showing at Chelsea was as negative as you could wish to see but because it’s Silva it was all ‘tactical’ with Sam it would’ve been ‘negative’.

People utterly obsessed with having a foreign name in the dugout. I asked on here to a couple of Everton fans after Sam if they’d be happy with Dyche or Howe and it was a resounding no yet they are apparently happy with a bloke who relegated Hull and got Sacked at Watford after 5 minutes.

Kidding themselves that it’s all part of a long term plan. I’d be surprised if Silva is there this time next season.

They have no choice as much like the mags they’ve put themselves into a corner where they have to put a brave face on it.

That showing at Chelsea was as negative as you could wish to see but because it’s Silva it was all ‘tactical’ with Sam it would’ve been ‘negative’.

People utterly obsessed with having a foreign name in the dugout. I asked on here to a couple of Everton fans after Sam if they’d be happy with Dyche or Howe and it was a resounding no yet they are apparently happy with a bloke who relegated Hull and got Sacked at Watford after 5 minutes.

Kidding themselves that it’s all part of a long term plan. I’d be surprised if Silva is there this time next season.
Can't argue with any of that.

:D crack on......

30% possession and 1 shot on target!

Not negative though apparently :lol:.

We weren't, read any match report anywhere online or in print. You're boring me senseless, continue your Trumpism I'll continue enjoying watching my team once again play football.

He's an odd one for sure. He came in and worked miracles for three years at Stoke. He actually spent very little on transfers in his first few seasons - Erik Pieters 3M, Bojan 600k, Arnautovic 2.5M, Odemwingie swap for Kenwyne etc. He got the squad that Pulis almost relegated in his last season playing better football and to three 9th place finishes.

The problems started when the likes of Glenn Whelan and Jon Walters et al got too old and he had to replace them. He failed just like he did with his transfers at QPR and our core got weaker almost overnight with some absolutely dreadful signings, some of which we won't get our money back on.
He's just getting a bit long in the tooth and footballs catching up with him. Miserable bastard like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back