Mark Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes was given a fair crack at Man Utd. He finished 7th. His successor Van Gaal finished 4th & 5th with FA cup & got sacked. If Mourinho finishes 7th this he will also be sacked after winning trophies and finishing second. Biggest clubs in England not prepared to hire UK managers only to finish 7th. Not going to hire foreign managers for that either.

Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers all given a fair go at Liverpool, even Benitez the trendy foreign manager was pedalled after things peaked in 2009. Rodgers done well finishing 2nd, but they regressed heavily. Then Klopp has been given a go, and its a clear improvment.

Moyes didn’t finish 7th he was sacked when they were 7th.
Taking over from Ferguson was always going to be a thankless task and 3/4s of a season isn’t sny sort of chance.

Ryan Giggs only took over for 4 games at the end man, not 9 or 10 games.

Spurs gave Redknapp and Sherwood a go. And Potch has done better than either.

Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers all given a fair go at Liverpool, even Benitez the trendy foreign manager was pedalled after things peaked in 2009. Rodgers done well finishing 2nd, but they regressed heavily. Then Klopp has been given a go, and its a clear improvment.

Ryan Giggs only took over for 4 games at the end man, not 9 or 10 games.

Spurs gave Redknapp and Sherwood a go. And Potch has done better than either.
There was more than 4 games as they played us in his first game and we had more than 3 games after that.

Redknapp took spurs from bottom of league to champs league 1/4s. They are now a better side under poch but foundations were laid by Redknapp and they progressed further under him.

You do know Juande Ramos won a trophy with Spurs?
And left them bottom of league few months later.
Di Matteo won a champs league with Chelsea. Is he now a good manager as well?

There was more than 4 games as they played us in his first game and we had more than 3 games after that.

Redknapp took spurs from bottom of league to champs league 1/4s. They are now a better side under poch but foundations were laid by Redknapp and they progressed further under him.

You might have had more than 4 games but man united didn't.

Moyes didn’t finish 7th he was sacked when they were 7th.
Taking over from Ferguson was always going to be a thankless task and 3/4s of a season isn’t sny sort of chance.

OK so could have finished lower than 7th had he not been sacked. The bar for Man Utd managers is to finish higher than 7th & win trophies. Van Gaal & Mourinho are both suffering from the thankless task of following Ferguson & both will end up sacked. Both will have better records than Moyes.

And left them bottom of league few months later.
Di Matteo won a champs league with Chelsea. Is he now a good manager as well?

Ramos also won a couple of UEFA cups with Sevilla and the Spanish cup.
Mutltiple trophies with different clubs suggests he's decent.
Di Matteo was just picking up on the progress made by Villas Boas

Santini
Ramos
Mel
Gross
Grade
Evil Olsen
Solskjaer
Reggie Perrin
Scolari
Avram Grant
AVB
Venglos

Utterly horrendous.

Pardew, Kinnear, Strachan, Holloway, Warnock, Allardyce, Moyes, Coleman, Sanchez, Hughes, Pulis, Coyle, Redknapp, Sbragia, Shakespeare, Pearson, Adkins, Sherwood, Curbishley, o'Leary, McLeish, Lambert, Gregory, Ince, Kean, Lee, Megson, Mackay, Dowie, Coppell, Jewell, Phil Brown, Mike Phelan, Bassett, Adams, Pearce, Roeder, Hart, Francis, McDermott, Pleat, Wigley, Wilkinson, Monk, Clement, Boothroyd, Mowbray, Irvine, McCarthy

All great managers.

Last edited:

Pardew, Kinnear, Strachan, Holloway, Warnock, Allardyce, Moyes, Coleman, Sanchez, Hughes, Pulis, Coyle, Redknapp, Sbragia, Shakespeare, Pearson, Adkins, Sherwood, Curbishley, o'Leary, McLeish, Lambert, Gregory, Ince, Kean, Lee, Megson, Mackay, Dowie, Coppell, Jewell, Phil Brown, Mike Phelan, Bassett, Adams, Pearce, Roeder, Hart, Francis, McDermott, Pleat, Wigley, Wilkinson, Monk, Clement, Boothroyd, Mowbray, Irvine, McCarthy

All great managers.

I liked Ricky me

All great managers.
Progress made by AVB?? :lol:

Ramos left them bottom of the pile and Redknapp had to go in and pick up the pieces.

I’m not suggesting all British managers are great but a lot on that list have done ‘relatively’ good jobs. Unless you get a big gig it’s very difficult to win anything in this country.

Progress made by AVB?? :lol:

Ramos left them bottom of the pile and Redknapp had to go in and pick up the pieces.

I’m not suggesting all British managers are great but a lot on that list have done ‘relatively’ good jobs. Unless you get a big gig it’s very difficult to win anything in this country.

Aye, that Ranieri fella was lucky as fuck at the big gig he inherited mind.

'I know I didn't eat all of my sprouts but the turkey was way way too tough. My sprouts aren't the problem here, I bet Guardiola and Mourinho don't have to cope with Turkey like we are dished up every single Christmas. It's criminal, we always get the inexperienced chefs who can't cope with the big festivities. They save the best chefs for the top 6, every Christmas. We should have had 2 helpings of extra gravy at least and 1 of our puddings was disallowed, we are also struggling through the worst cutlery crisis in my entire time as a manager.'
Class :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back