Mark Hughes

Another manager that appears to rest on their laurels, grows stagnant and fails to show any improvement. That said, most managers are on a hiding to nothing these days. It won’t be long before Dyche is being questioned and ends up being yesterday’s man.

Unsure if it’s a lack of motivation, losing the drive to improve or what, but after a few sackings, managers just seem to be ruined goods these days regardless of what reletative success they have achieved in the preceding years.

Should change his name to Mark 'it's the ref's fault' Hughes. A new career as a TV pundit beckons I reckon.

Plus, I've still not forgiven him for acting like a fanny at Roker when we beat Man Utd 3-2 in the mid 80's.

so you think Stoke would have stayed up if he hadn't been sacked? Black and Everton had a similar standard of squads at the time.
No idea but I know he didn’t relegate them and gave them a good few very comfortable seasons.
Blackburn hadn’t long been relegated and promoted again before Hughes took over. Everton have always been a premier league club.

No idea but I know he didn’t relegate them and gave them a good few very comfortable seasons.
Blackburn hadn’t long been relegated and promoted again before Hughes took over. Everton have always been a premier league club.
Absurd point to make. Leeds won the title in their second season in the league in 92 when Arsenal had never been relegated.
And you could argue that he did relegate Stoke by giving them an absolutely shocking start and making some terrible signings. I think they would have been relegated had he stayed on.

Looks a spent force now. I think he will get sacked in the coming week. Southampton’s owners have ordered a full review now Les Reed has gone.

Absurd point to make. Leeds won the title in their second season in the league in 92 when Arsenal had never been relegated.
And you could argue that he did relegate Stoke by giving them an absolutely shocking start and making some terrible signings. I think they would have been relegated had he stayed on.
Which was pre premier league and prior to all the riches that sustained premier league status involved. Regardless though it’s pretty much accepted that Hughes done well at Blackburn unless you have a bizarre agenda of course.
They were 18th on goal difference when sacked so hardly an impossible position and he’d had Stoke very comfortable prior to that.

What has he ever done of note to warrant a PL job?
Seriously.
Was he ever highly rated at XYZ club?
And he's probably the biggest whinger in football management.
Unbelieveable.

In the summer of 2012, QPR brought a large number of high-profile signings with the intent of establishing themselves as a Premier League club. In came Kieron Dyer, Ryan Nelsen, Andrew Johnson, Robert Green, Samba Diakité, Fábio, Park Ji-sung and Junior Hoilett all before the start of the season.[75]Rangers' new-look squad, however, got off to an awful start as they crashed to a 5–0 home defeat against Swansea on the opening day of the 2012–13 Premier League season.[76]Hughes branded his players performance as "embarrassing".[77] Hughes then signed José Bosingwa, Júlio César and Esteban Granerobut saw no improvement in results, going 12 matches without victory.[78] He was sacked as manager on 23 November 2012 after the team suffered a 3–1 home defeat to Southampton six days earlier and replaced by Harry Redknapp.[2][79][80]

Ouch

Got to be one of the biggest charlatans in football. Baffling how he keeps getting jobs. His QPR disaster would have finished off any other manager.
Ironic as fuck that Stoke got rid of Pulis so they could get this clown in to play more attractive football - he's probably the only manager with even dirtier, more gamesmanship-wielding teams than Pulis.
Southampton are doomed this season if they don't get rid soon.

On Stoke - didn’t they finish 9th three seasons in a row, he spent about 20p in the process while dramatically improving the football played?

Back