March Challenge DISCUSSION - Urban Fragments - NO PEOPLE OR SKIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom's pic is back now. I've chucked one in too. :lol:

Nee title this month.. ;)

i've taken a few pictures today on my way back from the gym with my phone, gonna get onto the computer so i can have a proper look at them now.

i entered randle's favourite. so i will blame him if it is actually shit ;)

wearmouth bridge with echo 24 in the background and barbed wire wall in the foreground, taken this afternoon on my samsung tocco.

lucky knickers said:
i've taken a few pictures today on my way back from the gym with my phone, gonna get onto the computer so i can have a proper look at them now.

i entered randle's favourite. so i will blame him if it is actually shit ;)

wearmouth bridge with echo 24 in the background and barbed wire wall in the foreground, taken this afternoon on my samsung tocco.

Class. Nice pic, gotta love new angles of the bridge. Nice one.

Like the rejects!

I've taken loads of photographs for this months, but can't decide which to enter. A couple of mine are very similar to your rejects so maybe I'll post one of the the other ones. Decisions hey.

Like the rejects!

I've taken loads of photographs for this months, but can't decide which to enter. A couple of mine are very similar to your rejects so maybe I'll post one of the the other ones. Decisions hey.
Too many people in Abu Dhabi. Need to find somewhere less populated - the desert maybe :evil:

Too many people in Abu Dhabi. Need to find somewhere less populated - the desert maybe :evil:

I had the same problem. I shot a few very close up to avoid getting people in the way. Eventually I went out on a Sunday and downtown was virtually deserted so I got a few that I liked.

There's my entry in. It says a lot about this place that that's the most exciting thing to photopgraph :neutral:

theres mine in

heres one or 3 that didn't make it.

this sign is at the end of the lane, near where I live, it has loads of character, and has been there for years taking all weathers and conditions

there are some lovely textures, colours and weather effects on the thing, I love it for its antiquated style, it is truly beautiful.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Just going back to the rules for a sec, where it says "reflected sky is permitted if not covering more than 5%"....

Probably a bit pedantic but what constitutes a reflection? Isn't arguably any sunlight a reflection of the sky? Or does this mean where the sky itself is actually identifiable as such, in a reflection (I guess it's this). In other words, this wouldn't be permitted:

but if I had a polariser over the lens and you couldn't make out the reflection as clearly, the same photo would be permitted, even though the light hitting it is still reflected sky.

Or should I just fck off?

Just going back to the rules for a sec, where it says "reflected sky is permitted if not covering more than 5%"....

Probably a bit pedantic but what constitutes a reflection? Isn't arguably any sunlight a reflection of the sky? Or does this mean where the sky itself is actually identifiable as such, in a reflection (I guess it's this). In other words, this wouldn't be permitted: Missing picture??

but if I had a polariser over the lens and you couldn't make out the reflection as clearly, the same photo would be permitted, even though the light hitting it is still reflected sky.
Bold - I would guess it was this. Did you post a photo? Because if you did I can't see it.

I took one picture of a little river and you could see the sky reflected in it (more than 5% of the picture), so I guess that would have been pulled.

theres mine in

heres one or 3 that didn't make it.

this sign is at the end of the lane, near where I live, it has loads of character, and has been there for years taking all weathers and conditions

there are some lovely textures, colours and weather effects on the thing, I love it for its antiquated style, it is truly beautiful.

I must protest that that is a rural fragment ;)

Probably a bit pedantic but what constitutes a reflection? Isn't arguably any sunlight a reflection of the sky? Or does this mean where the sky itself is actually identifiable as such, in a reflection (I guess it's this). In other words, this wouldn't be permitted:

:lol:

There's always one.
I can't see your pic so can'd determine whether I'd allow it or not.

I just didn't want pictures with loads of sky refections like this one.

:oops:

OK here's the pic I was referring to:

picture.php

It's not as if the sky has any detail as such, but it is reflected light from the sky, obviously. My point is that applies to all natural light surely (it's just the degree of reflection that differs).

Last edited:
:oops:

OK here's the pic I was referring to:

picture.php

It's not as if the sky has any detail as such, but it is reflected light from the sky, obviously. My point is that applies to all natural light surely (it's just the degree of reflection that differs).

For me, the subject of that shot is not the sky, and as you say the only role the sky is playing there is to provide the light for the subject.

If it came to voting, I wouldn't mark that down cos of it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back