March Challenge DISCUSSION - Urban Fragments - NO PEOPLE OR SKIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, as we've had a couple of months on techniques as themes we'll throw in a subject based topic for March (we'll be back to techniques in April with a bit of a toughy)

March theme is designed once again to get us thinking about composition and it is: Urban Fragments - NO PEOPLE OR SKIES

I'll enforce the bit in upper case and pull any entries that include people or skies. There is one exception to this rule and that's reflected sky BUT not covering more than around 5% of the image.

Photographs must be taken between now and 31 March

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Anyone looking for inspiration could do worse than check out this thread from POTN

(I hope you can see it without having to register, although it's a pretty good message board anyway)

I've been taking shed-loads of pictures over the last little while for a thesis project that would be perfect for this theme! If only it was February's theme!

good theme I like it loads of potential. Looking forward to see what folks come up with on this one, good idea to have a couple of restrictions n1.

nice challenge.. looking forward to it. (just posted the same in the entry thread, like an arse. Bear with me. been a lonnng day..)

So many options for this one. Should get a chance to try out my new lens which should be here the morn. Opted for the Tamron 10-24mm.

So many options for this one. Should get a chance to try out my new lens which should be here the morn. Opted for the Tamron 10-24mm.

I have been debating buying that very lens (or a Sigma or Pentax equivalent). however the wife would kill me so figured I'd better wait.

taipeisafc said:
I have been debating buying that very lens (or a Sigma or Pentax equivalent). however the wife would kill me so figured I'd better wait.

I eventually plumped for the Sigma, but the Tamron is just as nice.

Living in China this should be right up my alley, if I cannot get a decent photo this month I may as well quite. Although getting it with no people in may be a little more difficult.

Living in China this should be right up my alley, if I cannot get a decent photo this month I may as well quite. Although getting it with no people in may be a little more difficult.

Just pretend you have a cold and they will all run away

I was living in Taipei at the height of SARS, I used to take the underground to get to work and when it was really busy I used to fake a cough or sneeze - got a load of space.

I was on top of the Jungfraujoch last year surrounded by them, all in facemasks.

40 mile wind coming off 100's of square miles of glacier surely meant clean air, but they weren't taking any chances :lol:

What this old thing - nah they're just a couple of quid off ebay it's just an accessory, not like buying a new camera or anything expensive - worth a go ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back