Manhattan Hotel Recommendations

This….but maybe not with 2 kids who might want to do the tourist things.

Just come back from there and stopped at the Hilton Midtown. Great location as a base for exploring what the city has to offer.

Can also recommend Hilton Brooklyn, Hampton Brooklyn, Doubletree Brooklyn and the Hilton Garden Inn Financial District

Visited all those with the family in tow so had 2 double beds for the kids in adjoining rooms.
Another vote for Hilton Midtown. Stayed there a few years ago, as said great location for getting out and about for the sights

Another vote for Hilton Midtown. Stayed there a few years ago, as said great location for getting out and about for the sights
I'd usually baulk at stopping there having been used to Brooklyn, but as there were some of us on this trip who'd never been before, it was perfectly located for seeing what people wanted to see.

We got breakfast included as part of the deal, I wouldn't be paying $25 or whatever they sell it at had it not been included, but it was excellent.

Detrimental like, as so many good places to get fed that you don't go to if you fill your face with hotel bait!

We stayed at the Millennium Hilton opposite Freedom Tower in October. Great views from the room and nice to have a swim at the end of the day however normally stay at the Crowne Plaza on W36st for its closeness to broadway, Times Sq and Penn Station
Another recommendation for the Millennium Hilton...we got a cracking deal when we stayed there a few years ago...$50/night so look out for deals

I've always stayed at the Crowne Plazas.
I prefer the one down near MSG but the one in times square would be spot on with kids

Really don't understand anyone choosing to stay on Times Square. It would be like going to London and getting a hotel on Piccadilly Circus or Leicester Square.

Really don't understand anyone choosing to stay on Times Square. It would be like going to London and getting a hotel on Piccadilly Circus or Leicester Square.
I suppose it depends what you're there for.
If it was a first time visit its ideal, right in the middle easy to navigate back to etc. Wouldn't advise someone going for the first time to stay out in Brooklyn or wherever.
I know what you mean though there are miles better places to stay

I suppose it depends what you're there for.
If it was a first time visit its ideal, right in the middle easy to navigate back to etc. Wouldn't advise someone going for the first time to stay out in Brooklyn or wherever.
I know what you mean though there are miles better places to stay

Just booked a week in the Moxy Times Sq....cant wait!!

Got advised to stay central the first time you go and then explore afterwards, I'm going with my 11yr old daughter so we'll be doing all the touristy stuff

Have a great time marra, it's an incredible place. What you planning to do?

All of it....:lol:

It'll be proper touristy, my daughter will be picking most of the itinerary. So boat trip to the statue of liberty, summit, central park, food vans, coney Island.

It's a pretty central location for a tourist, to be fair. Especially for a first time visitor on a short break.
All of it....:lol:

It'll be proper touristy, my daughter will be picking most of the itinerary. So boat trip to the statue of liberty, summit, central park, food vans, coney Island.
Hope you bump into TV royalty like we did. ;)

Sounds class. Quality city.

Last edited:
The first time I went, walking up the stairs of the station to see the Empire State staring right at me...incredible!

Have a look at

Hyatt Regency Jersey City On The Hudson​

Much bigger rooms but over in Jersey City but right next to Exchange Square so straight into Manhattan. I had 10 days there - excellent. Meanwhile I've stayed in many rooms in Manhattan where barely enough room to walk around the bed.

Back