Manhattan Hotel Recommendations

Look at me, etc.

Looking for a recommendation for a Manhattan hotel for 2 nights. Will have the kids with me hence asking for advice - prices look extortionate, single room, two double beds.

Where do other Atlantic hopping SMBers stay with their kids?

We stayed in the Sonder Chambers on W56th in summer last year with our two. Got it really cheap compared to other ones and althpigh it's nowt flash, the rooms were really big for New York standard and location was cracking.

Look at me, etc.

Looking for a recommendation for a Manhattan hotel for 2 nights. Will have the kids with me hence asking for advice - prices look extortionate, single room, two double beds.

Where do other Atlantic hopping SMBers stay with their kids?

Heritage hotel by the flatiron building was canny. Nowt flash. But prices are crazy and It was decent value. Great location. 10 minute stroll up to Times Square. Or down to the better bits.

Stay in Brooklyn
This….but maybe not with 2 kids who might want to do the tourist things.

Just come back from there and stopped at the Hilton Midtown. Great location as a base for exploring what the city has to offer.

Can also recommend Hilton Brooklyn, Hampton Brooklyn, Doubletree Brooklyn and the Hilton Garden Inn Financial District

Visited all those with the family in tow so had 2 double beds for the kids in adjoining rooms.

Riui Plaza, Times Square. We've stayed there twice, you can't go wrong. Perfect for Broadway, Central Park and loads of famous sights. Breakfast included.

Last March, we flew Ncl to Heathrow to JFK and back, 4 nights with breakfast, £650 each. 33 dollars a night hotel tax to pay as well. A bargain all told. We went to two Broadway shows, hired bikes in Central Pk, went to Chinatown, Harlem, Queens, the Bronx and Brooklyn. Class city, period!

TownePlace Suites by Marriott New York Long Island City. Two stops on subway to midtown.

Cheap, and close to subway station if funds are limited.

Stopped at Hotel St James it's a bit old but all you will be doing is kipping in it.
Cafe down street was full of builders for brekkie always a good sign.

Back