Man United

but as a listed company on the stock market the shareholders want the riches..they also lost money last quarter i think..

As I said though, didn't stop them spunking insane amounts on the players I named. They can take hits comfortably such is their global status (for now anyway).

Aye, City & L'pool will add to strengthen.
Utd will add to rebuild, but it could be said that Arsenal and Spurs (or other top European clubs) that they're competing with. In the past, absolutely no question, you go to United, now however, players may have a tough decision.

Not many players will pick those two over Man Utd. They dwarf them both in reality, even despite Spurs' recent relative success.

Should Man Utd spend a decade or so 'struggling' then it'll shift a bit I imagine.

Last edited:

As I said though, didn't stop them spunking insane amounts on the players I named. They can take comfortably take hits such is their global status (for now anyway).
the shareholders might not agree-the shares are lower now than a year ago..shareholders probably dot want to hear about another £200m o footballers..

As I said though, didn't stop them spunking insane amounts on the players I named. They can take comfortably take hits such is their global status (for now anyway).
This bold part being key.
That sort of a plan can't last forever without success and the extra income/reputation that brings. (Or without an owner with bottomless pockets)

the shareholders might not agree-the shares are lower now than a year ago..shareholders probably dot want to hear about another £200m o footballers..

They dont spend they lose more. Simple as that really. Mind they'll probably just buy a big name and cash in on sales if needs be.

This bold part being key.
That sort of a plan can't last forever without success and the extra income/reputation that brings. (Or without an owner with bottomless pockets)

Agreed. But it takes a good while for that to happen when you've been such a global beast for quite some time.

Fuck them though, they've had enough success to last many of them a lifetime.

Last edited:
As I said though, didn't stop them spunking insane amounts on the players I named. They can take hits comfortably such is their global status (for now anyway).

Not many players will pick those two over Man Utd. They dwarf them both in reality, even despite Spurs' recent relative success.

Should Man Utd spend a decade or so 'struggling' then it'll shift a bit I imagine.
Personally as a player, I'd go Spurs.
They seem to be building something and in a couple years could be regularly challenging for titles in the way that City have done the last 7 years or so.
United are in a similar boat to Chelsea for me in some ways. No real style, identity or culture about the club and the team at the moment. Just bouncing from one new manager to another that brings their own style and players that suit their style. They need to put a stop to that, get some stability and give a manager a few seasons to correct the mess that was left after SAF retired

Personally as a player, I'd go Spurs.
They seem to be building something and in a couple years could be regularly challenging for titles in the way that City have done the last 7 years or so.
United are in a similar boat to Chelsea for me in some ways. No real style, identity or culture about the club and the team at the moment. Just bouncing from one new manager to another that brings their own style and players that suit their style. They need to put a stop to that, get some stability and give a manager a few seasons to correct the mess that was left after SAF retired

You fool. Man Utd would give you a much better chant.

They dont spend they lose more. Simple as that really. Mind they'll probably just buy a big name and cash in on sales if needs be.

Agreed. But it takes a good while for that to happen when you've been such a global beast for quite some time.

Fuck them though, they've had enough success to last many of them a lifetime.
Yep, they were always going to struggle for a lot of years following their 20 years of domination. I'd have thought they'd be on the up now, but they seem to be on the continued decline

The problem Man Utd is they thought if they spend big they'd be challenging again. They've splashed huge amount of money on average players. They've seemed to have gone for names rather than players who can fit a system. Sanchez is a prime example. He was all set to go to City until he up his demands and wanted more money. City said no but Utd said yes. They didn't need him, it was just to prove a point to City and the world. Pogba was the same. They must have spend £20m over his value to get him. Again if Real Madrid really wanted him they would have paid the asking price.

They’ve bought superstars and padded it out with shit. There’s been no real planning at all and they’re paying the price now.
They’ve also completely fucked their wage structure to try and get back to competing with Man City. It will take a good manager 3-4 years to sort them out
Spot on, they bought loads of players with no real thought of where they would play and how long they would be stuck at the club,. its a massive rebuilding job which will take years...

Yep, they were always going to struggle for a lot of years following their 20 years of domination. I'd have thought they'd be on the up now, but they seem to be on the continued decline

Look at the team/squad. It is well short of the standard. Money hasn't been the issue. They've simply bought poorly IMO. Fred cost a boatload. I mean who the fuck buys a player called Fred? Fred the Red is better than him anyway.

James from swansea for 10m will be a good future signing.
Looks a very good lad with a bright future.
Leeds were gutted when they missed out.
Would he be a ready for United now though? So would you throw him in at the deep end for him to get used to the expectation, or send him back out on loan to a title chasing championship/lower table PL team?

Look at the team/squad. It is well short of the standard. Money hasn't been the issue. They've simply bought poorly IMO. Fred cost a boatload. I mean who the fuck buys a player called Fred? Fred the Red is better than him anyway.
:lol:
How much did they spend on him again? £53m or something? :lol::lol:

The PVA to MUFC & talking to a United fan on Sunday got me thinking about them.
They seem to have a relatively similar scenario to one that we found ourselves in. That being that they have a lot of the first team squad that are royally taking the piss out of the club and/or have a lifting attitude.
Players that just don't give a toss/are out of form (Lukaku, Pogba, Sanchez) or that simply aren't good enough that seemingly can't be shifted (Smalling, Jones)
IMO they need a huge clear out and to spend clever in building a team with the future in mind.
Realistically, who could they bring in to get themselves back on track?

Perhaps they need to be relegated to clear out the deadwood and start again. Like some clowns suggested would be good for us.

Back