Man United

Looks a very good lad with a bright future.
Leeds were gutted when they missed out.
Would he be a ready for United now though? So would you throw him in at the deep end for him to get used to the expectation, or send him back out on loan to a title chasing championship/lower table PL team?

:lol:
How much did they spend on him again? £53m or something? :lol::lol:

Put him in the squad try him out pre season first. Don't like the idea of sending back to clubs unless its in the contract when they sign.

Last edited:
I hate Man Utd more than anyone, even the mags. Their demise bring me so much joy. I celebrated when they gave Ole his permanent deal as it was blindingly obvious that they would revert to type.

Their problems are going to get much worse before they get better. A summer of signing players to fit a system rather than big names sounds sensible in theory, but I feel the reality would be a bunch of youngster, out of their depth, struggling with the demands that come with playing for such a big club.

One thing we can rely on is that the board will continue to make distasterous managerial appointments. Ole will be gone by january and they will be scratching around again.

Think Ole going to have fun with a 250m-350m war chest to play with to rebuild the team....

They have wasted hundreds of millions in the last couple of years. Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaka must have cost £200m between them, their wages alone must be over a million a week.

Great to see them f***ing it up.

I'm not a huge fan of them. Atm I feel sorry for OGS for walking into that absolute circus of a club. I'd like to see him do well but can't see it as one of two things will happen; a) he won't be given time if the squad is overhauled and rebuilt or b) the squad will be pretty much the same as this season with the same lack of talent and/or heart, and he'll be booted by Christmas with them sitting between 5th - 8th having not won in about 4

Agreed with OGS being sacked , will be amazed if he is still there this time next year.

Last edited:
Sky sources: Man United make initial contact with Fulham over Ryan Sessegnon.

Going by this interest and the lad from Swansea, Ole is looking at the future early in this window. Could turn out to be a decent plan, IF he's given time

I agree. I don't mind Man United to be honest. Enjoyed watching them a few years back. They just seem to have nothing about them now even with supposedly world class players. But as you said they can't be arsed.

I’ve always liked Man U since going to watch us get tonked in the 1990/91 season. Proper football club.

The way I see it they’ve got one or two possibly taking the piss but the ultimate problem is their recruitment has been poor and the players are simply not good enough. They lack the ability and/or mentality to consistently play well for Manchester United. There are probably 2 or 3 at a push who are up to the job

Sky sources: Man United make initial contact with Fulham over Ryan Sessegnon.

Going by this interest and the lad from Swansea, Ole is looking at the future early in this window. Could turn out to be a decent plan, IF he's given time
Realistically theyre going to win fuck all signing players like that when city and liverpool will.just buy the finished article

The PVA to MUFC & talking to a United fan on Sunday got me thinking about them.
They seem to have a relatively similar scenario to one that we found ourselves in. That being that they have a lot of the first team squad that are royally taking the piss out of the club and/or have a lifting attitude.
Players that just don't give a toss/are out of form (Lukaku, Pogba, Sanchez) or that simply aren't good enough that seemingly can't be shifted (Smalling, Jones)
IMO they need a huge clear out and to spend clever in building a team with the future in mind.
Realistically, who could they bring in to get themselves back on track?

Klopp. Man United are England's biggest club by a distance so offered the funds he could be tempted.

Obvious answer is the other two I guess, but don't underestimate Man Utds pulling power (Didn't Sanchez choose Man Utd over Man City?).

No, far from it. Man City told Sánchez’ agents to piss off after hearing the wage demands. That left United with a free run. Sanchez was by all accounts devastated as he only wanted to sign for City.

How Man U could let David Gill and Alex Ferguson leave the club at the same time beggars belief. Or could it have been that Fergie knew Gill was about to move on so got out when he did? He is, after all a very smart man.
That mistake alone could have set the club back 20 years. Or even more. Just look at Liverpool

No, far from it. Man City told Sánchez’ agents to piss off after hearing the wage demands. That left United with a free run. Sanchez was by all accounts devastated as he only wanted to sign for City.

How Man U could let David Gill and Alex Ferguson leave the club at the same time beggars belief. Or could it have been that Fergie knew Gill was about to move on so got out when he did? He is, after all a very smart man.
That mistake alone could have set the club back 20 years. Or even more. Just look at Liverpool

Really? Didn't know that at all. Unlike City to give a shit bout overblown wages but fair enough.

General point still stands though, they are still a massive club with a huge pull.

Realistically theyre going to win fuck all signing players like that when city and liverpool will.just buy the finished article
Not for a good couple seasons at least, unless they're prepared to overhaul the at least half of the first team squad and replace with proven quality

Really? Didn't know that at all. Unlike City to give a shit bout overblown wages but fair enough.

General point still stands though, they are still a massive club with a huge pull.
Yeah don’t disagree. They absolutely need to move pogba and Sánchez on though as 1) they will be restricting the wage bill and 2) who would want to join that dressing room the way it is at he moment. They’re going to need to build a team around young players such as Lingard, Rashford, Greenwood, McTomminy and add some quality and experience. Might be time for the keeper to move on too.

Yeah don’t disagree. They absolutely need to move pogba and Sánchez on though as 1) they will be restricting the wage bill and 2) who would want to join that dressing room the way it is at he moment. They’re going to need to build a team around young players such as Lingard, Rashford, Greenwood, McTomminy and add some quality and experience. Might be time for the keeper to move on too.

Agreed. If they pedal those two and Lukaku they should have a canny budget without even putting extra in.

Despite the few mistakes De Gea is still massively important to them IMO. Especially with that defence.

Back