Man sues Brewdog for sex discrimination and wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was perfectly right to be fair, stupid from brewdog who have lost the plot recently.

See they have 'reinvented cask beer' by selling keg beer and putting cask in the name.

I was pleased to see the Vaux Brewery took them to task on that

Or to put it another way: “We now put cask beer in keykegs. Like lots of other breweries. Get ready for a nice pint of beer.”

So they wanted to raise awareness of gender inequality by creating a drink that conforms to gender stereotypes and only selling it to females?! Bizarre.

I think the point they are trying to make is that they were selling the female branded product cheaper than the 'normal' Punk IPA - whereas standard practice is for women to be charged more when Gillette sell them a pink razor, for example.

The lads that run Brewdog have a reputation for being pricks - but that's beside the point.

They were pretty cool when they were a small brewery genuinely trying to do things differently. They were probably the company that got me into craft beers in the first place. But they've turned into the massive typical corporation they were initially intent on sticking it to.

It was brought out by them in retaliation to the gender pay-gap. It's a cynical marketing stunt but this bloke seems like a bit of a weapon tbf just because he wanted to save coppers on his drink.
The gender pay gap is bollocks for the most part. That's why I'm stuck outside in a chemical proof suit and my mrs is in the house drinking tea, or doing something else :eek::lol:.

There's nothing that women are excluded from doing.

The gender pay gap is bollocks for the most part. That's why I'm stuck outside in a chemical proof suit and my mrs is in the house drinking tea, or doing something else :eek::lol:.

There's nothing that women are excluded from doing.

The GPG exists but not as advertised. It isn’t that men and women get different amounts for the same work, no, it’s the idea that barriers exist that prevent women accessing high paid work even if they want to.

I agree with some of it and disagree with some of it.

The GPG exists but not as advertised. It isn’t that men and women get different amounts for the same work, no, it’s the idea that barriers exist that prevent women accessing high paid work even if they want to.

You’re much less fun when sitting on the fence.

Fair point.

I know some of it is skewed by women wanting to take on the main parenting role which will obviously stunt many careers. I also see occupations that women just don't seem to want even though it is unskilled and has a decent wage. It's as if the GPG is being portrayed as a conspiracy when it's not. I believe we have a bigger problem with class discrimination

I think the point they are trying to make is that they were selling the female branded product cheaper than the 'normal' Punk IPA - whereas standard practice is for women to be charged more when Gillette sell them a pink razor, for example.

The lads that run Brewdog have a reputation for being pricks - but that's beside the point.
Pink plastic costs more to produce than blue plastic and there's nothing stopping them buying a men's razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back