Man sues Brewdog for sex discrimination and wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

So he took them to court because he wanted to save £1 on his pint?

I think he made a good point - equality law shouldnt be one sided/selective and nobody should be discriminated because of their gender. As an aside, if age is another proteced characteristic - how do some places get away with charging pensioners lower prices than non pensioners? That sounds like discrimination based on age to me.

It’s more the principle. Why should something be cheaper because you’re male or female?

Or a certain age?

Last edited:
Last edited:
It’s more the principle. Why should something be cheaper because you’re male or female?

It was brought out by them in retaliation to the gender pay-gap. It's a cynical marketing stunt but this bloke seems like a bit of a weapon tbf just because he wanted to save coppers on his drink.

You aren't allowed to discriminate against customers based on their gender.

Might have been in their T&C's tbf. Must be limited to this country though as most clubs in Vegas have cheaper entry fees for women than men.

Might have been in their T&C's tbf. Must be limited to this country though as most clubs in Vegas have cheaper entry fees for women than men.
Discrimination laws vary wildly in the U.S

In the UK it is illegal to discriminate against a customer based upon their gender, although I have seen that in a uk night club before it's still against the law.

It was brought out by them in retaliation to the gender pay-gap. It's a cynical marketing stunt but this bloke seems like a bit of a weapon tbf just because he wanted to save coppers on his drink.
He was perfectly right to be fair, stupid from brewdog who have lost the plot recently.

See they have 'reinvented cask beer' by selling keg beer and putting cask in the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back