Man sues Brewdog for sex discrimination and wins

I suppose the argument then becomes why is there a "men's razor" and "women's razor"?

Women's ones allegedly have more moisturising strip on them. I haven't found any difference between the two though.

I've decided to open a pub, Equality Arms, and charge fairly.

According to my extensive research the average price of a pint is £3.46 (mean average of the places mentioned on the list).

The Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings says that in 2018 the average annual gross wage was £29547.

Forgetting tax, NI, Pensions and other pre-tax deductions a person earns 8,547 pints a year.

Before getting served in my pub you must provide your previous years P60. The amount you pay for a pint will be dependent on how much you earn.

A person who earns just £12,000 a year will pay just £1.40 a pint, a person who earns £100,000 will pay £11.70.

A premiership footballer earning £100k a week will pay a reasonable £608.37, he's good for it.

This "woke" business model seems built to thrive.

Last edited:
But why not call them something like facial razors and body razors. After all, some women do get some facial hair.
Cos it's easier to market to men - show a bloke with a hot lass
And to women - show a hot lass with lots of friends

I've decided to open a pub, Equality Arms, and charge fairly.

According to my extensive research the average price of a pint is £3.46 (mean average of the places mentioned on the list).

The Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings says that in 2018 the average annual gross wage was £29547.

Forgetting tax, NI, Pensions and other pre-tax deductions a person earns 8,547 pints a year.

Before getting served in my pub you must provide your previous years P60. The amount you pay for a pint will be dependent on how much you earn.

A person who earns just £12,000 a year will pay just £1.40 a pint, a person who earns £100,000 will pay £11.70.

This "woke" business model seems built to thrive.
I'm currently out of work. Can I have free money and pints and a house please?

But why not call them something like facial razors and body razors. After all, some women do get some facial hair.

There's VAT as well. Mens razors are VAT exempt as they're classed as an essential item but women's have VAT on as they're classed as a luxury. Wandering around with hairy legs isn't a luxury like.

Why not just buy whatever shaving product you fancy regardless of the specified sex on it? I'd hazard that if women stopped buying "women's" razors they'd soon stop making them.

As for the Brewdog case in question, fair play to him. The law states you can't discriminate based on gender and Brewdog did. It's clear cut.

Last edited:
Women's ones allegedly have more moisturising strip on them. I haven't found any difference between the two though.

I have it on good authority (a mate who has an opinion on everything) that the moisturising strips on razors actually include a a hormone that is used to promote hair growth.

Back