Man City U21's - Confirmed Tues 22nd Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methven said on a podcast I think that all in winning the competition is worth a million quid to the club so he expects us to do our very best to win it solely for the money. Can’t argue with that really.

Within the confines of the league being the priority, which tbf Ross has managed well.

The trick is going to be for the semi final and final, do you stick by RR and Ozturk who have played every game or bring back Jack and Jon for example?

Within the confines of the league being the priority, which tbf Ross has managed well.

The trick is going to be for the semi final and final, do you stick by RR and Ozturk who have played every game or bring back Jack and Jon for example?
Personally, I'd stick with the EFLT team that have played the majority of games. They've got us through and tbh I've enjoyed seeing players like Mumba and Kimpioka get a chance. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a lot between our first team and EFLT teams anyway.

Ruiter
Mathews_Flanagan_Ozturk_James
McGeoch
Mumba_Maguire
Kimpioka_Wyke_Watmore​

Something like this depending who is first choice at the time would be my choice.

Personally, I'd stick with the EFLT team that have played the majority of games. They've got us through and tbh I've enjoyed seeing players like Mumba and Kimpioka get a chance. At the moment there doesn't seem to be a lot between our first team and EFLT teams anyway.

Ruiter
Mathews_Flanagan_Ozturk_James
McGeoch
Mumba_Maguire
Kimpioka_Wyke_Watmore​

Something like this depending who is first choice at the time would be my choice.
Cattermole will be back then and will need games. I'd play him in that.

The club have put it into my electronic diary as the 22nd. They are being a bit presumptuous if Donald is looking into it.

I think the city game he can go closer to full strength if it’s the Tuesday due to the gap between games after it but yeah if we make the semis he’s got a decision to make.

Personally I think if we do make the semis he should go with a strong team, maybe giving some first teamers a run who haven’t had games. Likes of mcgeouch and ozturk, have our better youth on the bench along with the rested first team players in case it starts to go tits up.

It’s a joke of a tournament but it’s an official one and it’s a chance of Wembley, some of these lads won’t get another chance of that. Plus winning breeds a mentality and we need that after the mental state the clubs been in over recent years.

Could we ask Man City and the EFL to get this game moved to the blank Saturday on the 26th instead of playing it on the previous Tuesday night? Crowd would be far bigger and would just be a better day out for the fans.

Had a look and Man City have no fixtures listed for their EDS side that weekend.

Maybe not the draw we wanted but at least if we win and get to Wembley it definately will not be an U21 side we play against.

What a great sensible idea...so of course it won't happen :)

beat tranmere 1-0
Beat Crewe 4-1
1-1 Shrewsbury and lost on pen
3-3 Barnsley won on pens
beat rochdale 4-2

So Barnsley the most worrying result.
Definitely. 5 of the Barnsley team who started in the 3-0 win at the weekend v Bradford started in the defeat to Man City.
We need to put a strong side out.

Logical...... FFS man.....Really?

There is a reason certain competitions are played on a weekday night......

FFS MATE its the FA CUP Weekend......!!!!!!!!

There will be normal League 1 and League 2 fixtures being played that weekend, as well as FA Cup games, just as has happened every 4th round weekend in living memory. It's doing nothing to affect the 4th round in any way. The rest of footbal doesn;t stop because 32 clubs from the whole of English football are playing Cup ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back