Man City U21's - Confirmed Tues 22nd Feb

What accurate ? :lol:

You would expect Check-a-trade to be up for it as well. Potential for a crowd bigger than some FA cup games and on a Saturday

Only negative I could see from EFL Cup committee would be it means this game will be after draw.

No big issue to me but could see why they would want game completed 1st.

Only negative I could see from EFL Cup committee would be it means this game will be after draw.

No big issue to me but could see why they would want game completed 1st.
That would be balanced out by the likelihood of a bigger crowd I reckon. The EFL have been trying to sell this competition format so would probably see a big crowd against an U21 team as some justification. Besides, they let Spurs play an earlier fixture 2 weeks after the scheduled date.

I can't see City agreeing unfortunately though, due to their FA Youth Cup game on that Saturday.

That would be balanced out by the likelihood of a bigger crowd I reckon. The EFL have been trying to sell this competition format so would probably see a big crowd against an U21 team as some justification. Besides, they let Spurs play an earlier fixture 2 weeks after the scheduled date.

I can't see City agreeing unfortunately though, due to their FA Youth Cup game on that Saturday.
This will be it sadly. You'd also have to get their opponents to agree etc even if the FA were up for it.

Ha’way the Saturday game, really hope this happens. Man City will feel they can play a few kids v Burton too on the Wednesday so a bit of incentive for them. I’m sure that youth cup game would play settle fiddle to the plans of city’s first team so if Pep does indeed want to play a few kids V Burton, this could have legs. It’s sureky in the EFL’s interest for a bigger crowd too.

Being a Pompey fan I’ve suffered this competition for 7 years now and basically the fixtures are thrown in to the calendar all over the place. It’s even worse now with the academy teams in it. Sometimes the same round of games are spread over weeks let alone a few nights. And yes last season we played Northampton on a Saturday afternoon after being knocked out of the FA cup in an earlier round.

Being a Pompey fan I’ve suffered this competition for 7 years now and basically the fixtures are thrown in to the calendar all over the place. It’s even worse now with the academy teams in it. Sometimes the same round of games are spread over weeks let alone a few nights. And yes last season we played Northampton on a Saturday afternoon after being knocked out of the FA cup in an earlier round.
Looks like this idea is feasible then if it happened last season.

Back