Man City U21's - Confirmed Tues 22nd Feb

You really dont get it do you........!!!!

Its the FA's Premium competition..... Do you really think that they are going to let a lesser competition Quarter final be played over their FA cup weekend....?

Give your head a shake man. :rolleyes:

They even play their own minor competitions over the same weekend. Was the FA Vase and Trophy not last weekend when the FA Cup games were being played?

They may prefer to leave it so the Sat is an option in the unlikely event of a postponement due to weather

We have undersoil heating so that is extremely unlikely.
With the final on a Sunday

And clashing with Premier League games. Do you really think the Premier League will wan't a Checkatrade match clashing with their 'premium' competition?

The more I think about this it actually has nowt to do with the FA anyway as its a football league competition.

Would it really add that much to the gate? Past Saturday kick off home matches have had crap crowds anyhow.

Regardless, whatever the merits I doubt it will happen.

Could we ask Man City and the EFL to get this game moved to the blank Saturday on the 26th instead of playing it on the previous Tuesday night? Crowd would be far bigger and would just be a better day out for the fans.

Had a look and Man City have no fixtures listed for their EDS side that weekend.

Maybe not the draw we wanted but at least if we win and get to Wembley it definately will not be an U21 side we play against.

No, we play the same week as city first team play Burton...I would imagine a lot of u23s will be involved in the Burton game not our game

Absolutely play midweek - I know we will be playing City U18s but at least a few of them might at least make the bench in the Semi final 2nd leg dead rubber. We have a real chance of a game at Wembley here and I expect having come this far we do our best to get there within reason. We have a fairly large squad and people who are good enough for this cup need game time. So bring it on - don't know a cup final opportunity whatever the level, we won't be making a major final for a hell of a long time after all!

Would it really add that much to the gate? Past Saturday kick off home matches have had crap crowds anyhow.

Regardless, whatever the merits I doubt it will happen.

Would it matter if it didn't?

It would be better for most fans if it was on the Saturday.

Fair enough if City or the EFL or SAFC disagree then that's fine as well, I will still go along and support the team. I was just putting it out their as an option.

With the final on a Sunday

Yes with the final on a Sunday...... Goes without saying as it's scheduled with sponsors and the football league bigwigs to be played then.

Pretty much like the previous rounds that are scheduled to take place during the week.

What part of scheduled don't you understand....?

Back