Man City not even having season cards

Fans to use tickets on mobile devices to enter stadium. Fans without them will be given a secondary ticketing solution?? Whatever that is!! Just give them all a ticket man. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
... and somewhere to tie up their horse-drawn carriages :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wouldn’t mind the choice. Almost never carry a wallet anymore. Contactless pints and SC on phone would be spot on for me.
How would it work if you have a kid with you though?
Don't buy him pints ?

I'm an OAP, I have a laptop for internet access and a basic phone for calls and texts only and still use cash, surely suggesting the elderly have to change their ways or be excluded
is ageism and probably illegal

:lol: nobody is suggesting that man. They said an alternative will be available for those that need. But you're in the minority these days in not having a smartphone and need to accept technology isn't going to stand still.

Thanks for proving my point perfectly.

But against the rules. Club might turn a blind eye but the thread is about all transaction being through smartphone which wouldn't allow this.
So what if it's 'against the rules' , clubs have turned a blind eye to this kind of thing for years, it benefits both. The thread is about that, but then there are consequences to this to which is why it's being discussed

So what if it's 'against the rules' , clubs have turned a blind eye to this kind of thing for years, it benefits both. The thread is about that, but then there are consequences to this to which is why it's being discussed
A benefit to both? Money lost from tickets being shared isn’t a benefit club to the club.

No the thread is about putting the ticket on a smartphone. The point was then made that this won't allow for sharing. The other side discussion grew from this.

No the thread is about putting the ticket on a smartphone. The point was then made that this won't allow for sharing. The other side discussion grew from this.
God you're a bit tedious, has there ever not been a thread on this board where other discussions have taken place that still hold relevance to how to the main point in the thread

Mess around with a season card? Really?
Bet you wear slip on shoes and use a tie clip.
Dear me!
you sound like the old man tie clip typoe from the sound of things. As Ive pointed out repeatedly throughout the thread, A lot of people dont bother carrying wallet around with them if they can help it these days. Its a great option for those who want this option.

P.S. For the semi final the tickets werent added to the season cards, you had to either print a ticket or keep it on your phone. So yes, it was a fanny on if you didnt have it on phone.
Not unknown for a phone to just die suddenly and need a charge. What do you do there if you dont have a charger handy?
Ive never had a phone "suddenly die" for no reason to be honest. And in this scenario you could do exactly the same thing as you would if you "suddenly lost your wallet" that had a season card in. Get a replacement from the ticket office. Ive also said, in the message you quoted, that I hoped this will be an "OPTION" for SAFC.

Last edited:
God you're a bit tedious, has there ever not been a thread on this board where other discussions have taken place that still hold relevance to how to the main point in the thread
I'm sorry I bore you. It's a little tedious to say the clubs should facilitate the sharing of tickets just because it happens. Rules are you're not supposed to but they should facilitate it for those who want it.

I'm sorry I bore you. It's a little tedious to say the clubs should facilitate the sharing of tickets just because it happens. Rules are you're not supposed to but they should facilitate it for those who want it.
You do realise it's the club that makes their own rules up??!! It simply could be implemented that you nominate another of others and it can be transferred. It's really not rocket science.

This, and other things happening now, is part of the ID card by stealth. If people want everything on a smart phone, let them have it, but keep options for everyone who doesn't, including cash. There are good reasons to be suspicious of data being harvested from our digital footprint and being sold to insurers, employers and other organisations. The assumption that everyone carries a smartphone is erroneous and buying a product i.e. season ticket should be the product and not depend on the expense of a separate gadget. I like keeping my phone separate from my digital interaction, I like to switch it off too. I admit to being a bit Luddite :)

I dont know anyone who shares a season ticket. Clutching at straws.
Well it cant happen then if you dont know anyone, if you think that's clutching straws.. . Living down in London tho, I know it happens alot at arsenal, liverpool, man utd, chelsea. I know a couple of people that share tickets for us too.

Well done to city then, seem a great idea, gets rid of the need for tickets on paper/card, and a plastic card, saving the environment to, all on an app, it will be the way to go in 5 years for every club. 👏 👏 :cool:
Just give people a qr code ticket. Fans can then choose whether to print it, or use it on their phone etc.
Great idea.

Last edited:

Back