Man City not even having season cards

What's wrong with two people sharing a ticket?
Is it better for 4 people to share 2 tickets or not buy any tickets?
It depends how you look at it. The ticket is sold to an individual on a non transferable basis. Might be a daft rule but it is the rule. If they took the tickets off them and kept the money is that fair?

It depends how you look at it. The ticket is sold to an individual on a non transferable basis. Might be a daft rule but it is the rule. If they took the tickets off them and kept the money is that fair?
Yes a daft rule. Loads of tickets get given or sold to mates every match day.

I get stick for taking a charger with me on away days but its going to be essential in future.

Why would anyone give someone stick for taking a charger? :lol:

There's always one or two people in our group who will carry a small portable charger or something when we're out on the piss all day or at the match, just common sense really.

Don't have a smart phone, but is a main reason battery seems to drain quick is because people just have a ton of apps always open in the background using power to keep checking for alerts and whatnot? Like the Facebook app being always logged in using power and so on. Much like computer performance and start up if you just have a ton of programmes loading up and loaded up even if you're not planning on using them? One example for me is Steam on the laptop. Have that as part of startup process and startup time seems to double. So just don't have it load and only open it when I use it and close it afterwards.

So to lend your mate your ticket if you can't make a game you have to give them your phone? Super.

If its just scanning a barcode via phone, then you'll be able to send a screen shot to another phone
It’s the ways it’s going. We all want to have positive change & save the planet but resist change.

If all the season ticket holders I know, a couple might have a problem.

COVID’s shown how we can interact internationally without jumping on planes…. As much. Society needs to be shoved some times.

Is it saving the planet though?

With a season card, it's a small bit of plastic that will last forever.

Phones need replacing every few years as the apps become obsolete on older phones, batteries die, need charging & using electric. Metals mined for the batteries etc

I'd argue just keeping the bit of plastic you already have is better for the environment.

It kind of reminds me when the misses was in the body shop, and they pushed her to replace her plastic loyalty card for a new cardboard one. So instead of just keeping something that works, a tree has been chopped down & some plastic disposed of for the sake of trying to be green. When it's the opposite of what they're trying to achieve.

Last edited:
Be a pain in the arse if you’re an 8pm game, go out on the piss and your phone rings out. It’s lazy to just make it all on the phones imo.
This is the major issue. They need a backup option like printing a barcode or something. We had a similar problem with the euros, went up to Glasgow on the morning on the train, out drinking all day and tickets were on the phone. Ended up having to turn my phone off for an hour orso just to preserve battery to make sure we got into the match. It’s fine for standard home games, but an away game when you’re travelling there and back in a day or a session prior to a home game and you’re struggling.

Last edited:
Been a standard thing for most sports in the USA for 2 or 3 years now. Frustrates the hell out of me because I was someone who kept the ticket from every event I attended as a souvenir.

Back