Mackies corner area

Been talking to a mate of mind who works in Marks & Spencer across the road from the new German Kebab place and the word is that its opening next month.
I was in Cafe 1851 yesterday lovely food and friendly staff.

@1more

Last edited:
Quality in there mate.

I popped to Biz-r yesterday. Topped sitting outside, glorious sunshine

Another quality place.

7. Biz-R

This coffee shop is slightly further away from the city centre, but not by much. Always busy, it serves Italian coffee, and popular Danish pastries and scones, as well as breakfasts. It also provides outdoor seating.

Be interesting to see how the old JJB store develops pub/nightclub?

They are certainly working away at it.

Another quality place.

7. Biz-R

This coffee shop is slightly further away from the city centre, but not by much. Always busy, it serves Italian coffee, and popular Danish pastries and scones, as well as breakfasts. It also provides outdoor seating.

Be interesting to see how the old JJB store develops pub/nightclub?

They are certainly working away at it.
There's a few buildings round there with work being carried out, looking like out faciers being removed. Good to see

Been talking to a mate of mind who works in Marks & Spencer across the road from the new German Kebab place and the word is that its opening next month.
I was in Cafe 1851 yesterday lovely food and friendly staff.

@1more

I don't get the excitement for GDK. It's only an average fast food place. I had to go and film a one opening at Coventry I think it was, with some lad from love island opening it. I had no idea who he was. It was my birthday as well, worst birthday ever

I don't get the excitement for GDK. It's only an average fast food place. I had to go and film a one opening at Coventry I think it was, with some lad from love island opening it. I had no idea who he was. It was my birthday as well, worst birthday ever
Food is food really, not flying on Concord or owt but its somewhere different for people to try and a brick in the wall for making the centre a place to go
Work on the elephant is due to begin, it should look good once the shop front has gone.

Comments on FB are the usual foaming tripe.
Aye,i have to restrain from commenting. Negative thick dullards. "i wonder " this and "my guess is "

The was a picture of park lane from the 60s,the other day ,raining ,no one about ,it looked awful
"when it was a nice area to visit " !!

Last edited:
Has there been any word about upstairs in mackies corner, I know I saw photos of them clearing it out
The ones above the hairdressers and a few others were/are going to be offices last I heard, they have been working on them for months though so I'd hate to see the state they were in before the work started.

Back