M1 or A1 to Wembley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1 on the way down and m1 on the way back. i'm almost sure the a1 near alconbury has weekend road closures.
we're stopping at southgate premier inn but going round to the ace cafe on the sunday morning for breakfast which is just down from wembley travelodge and walking to the match from there.

Just be looking at the parking and it's supposedly limited at the hotel. If can't get parked there at least that area is outside of the event parking zone so should find somewhere to dump the car!

A1 is my favoured route when I travel south for work. There are some roadworks Cambridge area which is 40mph but better than all roadworks 50mph parts on the M1 plus Peterborough services is miles better than the majority on the M1

Stopping at Wembley Travelodge on the Saturday but undecided which way to drive down.

Is it easier to Go A1(M), M18, then M1, or just stay on the A1(M)? Both seem to end converge in pretty much ch exactly the same place.A1 is slightly longer at an extra 4 miles, any ideas?
A1, too many 50mph average speed checks on M1.

In going M1 but I’m heading west of Wembley (ruislip).

M1 was fine on way to Wycombe few weeks back, came off at 15a though

A1 is my favoured route when I travel south for work. There are some roadworks Cambridge area which is 40mph but better than all roadworks 50mph parts on the M1 plus Peterborough services is miles better than the majority on the M1

Down to about 2/3 mile them road works now. Maybes not even that and most of it is 50mph now

A1, too many 50mph average speed checks on M1.
Most have gone now. Only about 2 on the whole stretch now and neither are very long

Last edited:
Just be looking at the parking and it's supposedly limited at the hotel. If can't get parked there at least that area is outside of the event parking zone so should find somewhere to dump the car!
we've stayed there a few times before and there's quite a bit parking on site. they give you a token to let you in and they've always been fine if we've just wanted to leave it there for the full day after we've checked out. might be a small fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back